App Description* The most qualitative content in the App Store *
Download this interactive learning tool to get or master your knowledge of retailing! The content is created to help to choose the right business model and understand both advantages and disadvantages of Brick-and-Mortar and Click-and-Mortar operations.
The application includes:
- a full MBA/CPA level course text and study materials
- examples and illustrations
- practical applications and procedures
- exhibits, graphs, diagrams, and more.
Retailing: Brick and Mortar/Click and Mortar is developed by the market leader INTERSOG based on the work of Professor and bestselling author Dr. Jae K. Shim.
Dr. Jae K. Shim is one of the most respected accounting and finance experts in the world. He is a professor of business at California State University, Long Beach and CEO of Delta Consulting Company, a financial consulting and training firm.
Dr. Shim received his M.B.A. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of California at Berkeley (Haas School of Business). Dr. Shim has been a consultant to commercial and nonprofit organizations for over 30 years.
Professor Shim has been published by CCH, Wiley, McGraw-Hill, Barron's, Thomson-Reuters, Prentice-Hall, Penguin, American Management Association (Amacom), and the AICPA.
● Retailers and their structure
● Retail management requirements
● Store location
● Store buildings, fixtures, and equipment
● Arranging the store’s interior—layout
● Structure of the retail firm
● Retail human resource management
● Merchandising policies and budgets
● Planning and selecting item assortments
● Buying: Selecting merchandise resources
● Buying: Negotiating with merchandise resources
● Merchandise control
● Handling incoming merchandise
● Advertising and display
● Other nonpersonal methods of retail sales promotion
● Personal salesmanship
● Customer services
● Retail credit and collections
● Basic accounting controls
● Analyzing and controlling expenses
● Control of sales transactions
● Retail security and loss prevention
● Management coordination and leadership
● Brick and Mortar to Click and Mortar: E-tailing
● Full course text divided by chapters
● All-encompassing term and concept reference options
● Interactive flashcards for subject review
● Comprehensive chapter-level tests
● Explanations of right and wrong answers
● Bookmarking capability
● Newly added font options
● No Internet connection required!
Promoted by ComboApp Marketing & PR Agency http://comboapp.com
January 22, 2013 Initial Release