App DescriptionCheapskate is the best way to shop and save. Know when a special is a special, not a tricky marketing exercise by the store!
When you go shopping, do you get caught by those discounted or on-sale products on the shelf? Do you later realise that you paid top dollar after all?
Well, Cheapskate is for you. Apart from being a great way to build shopping lists and tick them off, it's also a great way to track what you're spending on individual grocery items so that next time you go shopping, you know how much you should be spending.
Take control of your shopping. Know which supermarket has the best deal by letting Cheapskate keep a record for you.
Cheapskate, apart from being easy to use, has the following features:
* Over 1,200 grocery items, all categorized.
* Over 12,000 Supermarkets in the US, UK and Australia.
Cheapskate will automatically locate the stores closest to you.
* Allows you to track both item prices and unit prices.
* Supports both Metric and Imperial units of measure.
* Provides graphs that show a historical view of grocery item prices and shopping history. Use these to look for trends in product pricing.
* Highly configurable.
* Add your own stores, groceries, and categories.
* Runs brilliantly on iPhone 4 and 5.
* Runs beautifully on iPod Touch 4th Gen and later
Cheapskate is built to make life easier. If you choose, you can track unit prices for grocery items as well as the actual sale price. The great thing about this is that you can then keep track of whether that bulk packet of something like chips is actually cheaper than the normal sized packet. It does require a little more to be entered, but it takes no time at all thanks to the optimised work flow.
At all times, you can see whether you are about to pay more or less than you've paid before for the same item.
November 09, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
October 14, 2013 New version 1.3
September 26, 2013 New version 1.2
July 30, 2013 Initial Release