App DescriptionOriginally developed for professional users, this is the largest and most extensive bilingual dictionary in the Dutch-speaking regions. The true grandeur is not in the numbers, though. The detail of description of words, including many examles and other contextual information, is unsurpassed. This app is intended for Dutch-speaking users.
• Do a quick search on how to translate a word and how to write it
• Extensive search options, such as fuzzy search, full text search, search within found articles and search for example sentences
• Including elaborate information, such as conjugations, example sentences and extra in-depth texts
• Most functions of this app can be used without an Internet connection
• Listen to the right pronunciation in German – recorded by native speakers (Internet connection required)
• Switch translation language easily or tap on a word to translate it
• Get a translation of conjugated German verbs as well
• Your search history is saved, can be browsed through and is easy to delete
• Use wildcards to make your searches more effective: simply replace one or more letters with '?' or '*'
• Can be used in landscape mode
• Switch between Dutch or German interface
NB: This dictionary contains approximately 235,000 entries, 290,000 meanings and 173,000 examples. The app content is comparable to the combined content of Van Dale’s printed Dutch-German and German-Dutch Unabridged Dictionaries.
About Van Dale
Van Dale Uitgevers is the leading and most authoritative publisher of dictionaries in the Netherlands and Belgium. Van Dale produces a wide and varied offering of dozens of language–related titles for effective language user support. With precision and respect, Van Dale describes language as thoroughly as possible, and not only Dutch, but foreign languages too.
September 26, 2013 New version 1.1
June 08, 2013 Price Decrease: $64.99 -> $33.99
May 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $64.99 -> $33.99
January 28, 2013 Initial Release