App DescriptionVan Dale Groot woordenboek van de Nederlandse taal
Containing the Dutch lexicon ranging from around 1880 until now, this well known dictionary is a trustworthy source of information about the Dutch language - both modern and from the past. Although it is full of tradition, it is still up-to-date after almost 150 years.
• Extensive search options, such as fuzzy search, full text search, search within found articles and search for example sentences
• Including elaborate context, such as synonyms, example sentences and extra in-depth texts
• Most functions of this app can be used without an Internet connection
• Your search history is saved and is easy to delete
• Get a list of suggestions if you type in the wrong spelling
• Use wildcards to make your searches more effective: simply replace one or more letters with '?' or '*'
• Extra: tweet found words or post them on Facebook (Internet connection required) and adjust the font size
• Can be used in landscape mode
• Dutch interface
NB: This dictionary contains approximately 238,000 entries, 321,000 meanings and 138,000 examples. The app content is comparable to the content of Van Dale’s printed Large Dictionary of the Dutch language.
About Van Dale
Van Dale Uitgevers is the leading and most authoritative publisher of dictionaries in the Netherlands and Belgium. Van Dale produces a wide and varied offering of dozens of language–related titles for effective language user support. With precision and respect, Van Dale describes language as thoroughly as possible, and not only Dutch, but foreign languages too.
September 26, 2013 New version 1.1
January 28, 2013 Initial Release