App DescriptionHow do you choose the right app for your child to learn the alphabet and numbers? At this early age, it is important to choose an app that gets the balance right between entertainment and education. During the research for this app, we've found that most apps are not fit to be labelled educational. Yes, they may provide a few minutes of entertainment after the initial download but then they are never used again. Weíve designed this app to overcome shortcomings weíve found with the existing apps.
For a start, we have broken down the contents into small bite sized lessons. At the end of each lesson there is a test and once the child passes the test, only then are they allowed to progress to the next lesson. The child will concentrate on learning the current lesson and not get distracted with parts of the content which will be encountered in the future.
The other aspect is the wide ranging of content on offer. You will be hard pressed to find an app which teaches them reading, writing, uppercase, lowercase, phonics and numbers. The way this app teaches writing is probably the most advanced yet for a touch screen system. Not only does it animate the way a letter should be written, but also recognises whether the child has correctly reproduced the letter.
Summary of features:
- Content divided into small lessons
- Teaches uppercase, lowercase, numbers and phonics
- Animates how a letter should be written.
- Letters can be written either by directly touching over a letter or using the unique pen icon to help hand eye coordination just as they would get from using real pen and paper.
- Recognises if a letter is written correctly
- Test at the end of each lesson
- Lesson can be unlocked by parents from the setting screen.
April 18, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
March 03, 2013 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
February 19, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
February 06, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
January 20, 2013 Initial Release