- Improved iOS7 compatibility
- Other minor bug fixes and enhancements
Astraware CodeWords is an addictive word puzzle game with a difference! You start with a crosswords style grid but instead of words, each letter has been substituted with a number from 1 to 26. It is up to you to figure out which number stands for each letter!
There are no clues but 3 letters are already in place to help you get started and each letter of the alphabet is used at least once. You start by guessing possible words and matching numbers with letters, until you've fully cracked the code - and your vocabulary and logical reasoning will be stretched along the way!
Did you know that the letter 'e' is the most commonly used letter in English? Did you know that 'th' is the most common pair of letters to be seen together? You'll use this knowledge and more as you make your guesses and work out the words!
Astraware CodeWords gives you access to play our Daily puzzles - top the global leaderboard by completing the puzzle in the fastest time! For an extra challenge there is a Weekender puzzle available each Friday with a trickier grid and more unusual words.
Great features include:
- Unlimited access to our Daily and Weekender puzzles
- A collection of 10 built-in puzzles in various sizes and difficulties, perfect for beginners and avid players
- Intuitive interface
- Highlighting to show where you've chosen the same letter for different numbers
- Option to fill in letters manually, or choose auto to fill in all occurrences of that letter at once
- Save slots available to have several puzzles on the go at once, so you can stop for a break and come back to a puzzle later
- Option to purchase extra puzzle packs for offline play
Can you crack the code?
- October 09, 2013 New version 1.12.000
- February 05, 2013 Initial release