App DescriptionIf you use your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch at night time, you'll be all too familiar with the problem of eye fatigue caused by the bright back light. Worse, if you happen to be outside, you'll find your night vision gets blown away every time you glance at the screen, which makes it very hard to use.
This app solves the problem by using a technique that has long been used on submarines, research labs and photo processing stores: red lights. Red light sensitivity, known as the "Purkinje effect" or more simply dark adaptation means that your eyes can look at red-shifted images without losing their ability to see in the dark.
Using this app you'll be able to browse the web or use your device's built-in maps without losing your night vision, because it automatically colors your screen red. You can choose how bright or dark the image should be, and you can also choose a different colour entirely - a handy extra if you fancy recreating the green-screen world of old technology!
- Surf the web at night without losing your night vision or suffering eye strain.
- Browse your device's world map while you're out walking in the evening.
- Lowered frame rate automatically smooths out screen distractions.
- Customise the brightness to suit your taste.
- Works on your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
January 11, 2013 Initial Release