- Minor interface improvements
Trusted by thousands of schools worldwide, Spell Better delivers effective and empowering assistive tools for struggling writers with dyslexia. With powerful word prediction, advanced text-to-speech, and dyslexic spell checking, it offers just the right support for lasting improvements in writing success.
Special Educators feel a palpable improvement in the energy and tenor of a classroom while using Spell Better with their learners.
- Helps reluctant and struggling writers get started
- Increases length and depth of writing
- Strengthens organization and composition skills
- Builds confidence and improves self-expression
- Leaves lasting improvements in core spelling and grammar skills
- Word prediction & auto-completion
- Context and phonetic spell checker
- Text-to-Speech with word highlighting
- Fonts optimized for Dyslexia
- Integrated English dictionary (with IPA symbols)
- Audio pronunciation for all words
- Color-coded Keyboard (Vowels vs. Consonants)
- Insert photos and use rich text formatting (bold, italics, underline)
- Three different vocabulary size settings
- Easily and quickly learns new custom vocabulary
- Customize background colors and text size
- Export as PDF, Email, Printing, Messages, Clipboard and more.
- Dedicated Undo/Redo buttons for accidental deletes
- Accepts both taps and swipes on word prediction buttons
- VoiceOver support with detailed labels and hints
- Integrated Speech Recognition (speech-to-text)
SPELL CHECK EXAMPLES
- Real-word spelling errors ("peace" → "piece")
- Phonetic spelling erorrs ("preshius" → "precious", "peturs" → "pictures")
- Word boundary errors ("verynice" → "very nice")
- Skipped and repeated letters ("probley" → "probably")
- Missed vowels ("Ths is rly amzng" → "This is really amazing")
- Homophone substitutions and other complex orthographic errors
Spell Better will take this sentence:
→ I throwed the dall to my cuzin and wnt imside to ahve a peace ofcake.
And correct it to:
→ I threw the ball to my cousin and went inside to have a piece of cake.
And it'll do most of the corrections dynamically, as the sentence is being typed.
"Multiple students of mine are now requesting that I bring my iPad to class so they can use this app to complete all of their assignments. These students are generally disengaged and tend to avoid all work requiring them to write/ organize their thoughts and it is so exciting to see how much their enthusiasm increases when given supports such as SpellBetter."
"We did have a chance to try Spell Better and love it! The update came out just in time for our full day iPads in Special Education training we gave yesterday so that we were able to let others know about what a great app it is for word prediction. "
"This is brilliant for my dyslexic pupils and others who struggle to write. It's really useful for homework, too. Great communications with Nanavit [sic] have ironed out my inadequate ability with any ICT! A superb App, thank you!"
TRUSTED & PROVEN FOR WRITING SUCCESS
Spell Better is currently featured by Apple in the Special Education section of the App Store. It is widely used in thousands of schools throughout the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
Spell Better is trusted and recommended by:
- Apple (App Store > Education > Special Education)
- The University of Michigan, Center for the Development of Language & Literacy (dyslexiahelp.umich.edu)
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Ministry of Education, New Zealand
- National Disability Coordination Officer Program (NDCO), Australian Government (www.innovation.gov.au)
Get Spell Better today and help your learners achieve success in writing.
- June 15, 2014 Initial release
- August 01, 2014 New version 3.1
- September 14, 2014 New version 3.2
- October 24, 2014 New version 3.3
- November 13, 2014 New version 3.4
- January 04, 2015 New version 3.4.5
- January 27, 2015 New version 3.4.6
- December 05, 2015 New version 3.5
- January 13, 2016 New version 3.6
- January 29, 2016 New version 3.6.1