The obligatory iOS7 update—but we've wrapped in a few major improvements to our VoiceOver integration, with many more on the roadmap.
*** NOW FREE! ***
MagniFire turns your iPad into a full-featured, text-aware low-vision magnifier! High-end desktop models can cost over $3,000. MagniFire is the future of low-vision magnifiers!
MagniFire is the only low-vision magnifier for iPad that uses Blindsight’s patented text detection algorithms to HELP YOU READ by organizing all the text in a snap and presenting it line by line.
When is MagniFire for me?
• If you struggle to see, especially to read
• If you have AMD (age-related macular degeneration), Glaucoma, Diabetic Retinopathy, Cataracts, or other visual impairment
• If you own – or have considered buying – a portable or desktop video magnifier but want the portability of the iPad and the convenience of carrying only one device for all your tablet needs.
How does it work?
1. Point the iPad camera at an everyday challenge and tap to Freeze the View:
• a PRODUCT LABEL such as a MEDICINE BOTTLE
• a MENU
• an OPERA PLAYBILL
• a HANDOUT at a CONFERENCE
• a NEWSPAPER or MAGAZINE
• a small OBJECT such as JEWELRY
Alternatively, choose an image from another source
2. For TEXT areas, let MagniFire use OCR to READ THE DESIRED TEXT FOR YOU, and NAVIGATE EASILY to the desired part of the document or label
3. CHOOSE YOUR ENHANCED VIEW
• Magnify 3 to 30 times
• Choice of CONTRAST and COLOR BLAST MODES
4. ZOOM / PAN around OBJECTS and PHOTOS
MagniFire for iPhone and iPod Touch!
Please let us hear from you – we built MagniFire FOR YOU and we live to make it easier for you to read and see.
- June 11, 2014 Initial release