-Fixed a bug showing blank contacts
*** Winner of MyScript Hackathon context Nov.2015 ***
Were you involved in a car accident while using your mobile phone? Do you make frequent phone calls while driving? Do you have problems using Siri for dialing?
Draw & Dial Features:
-It lets you draw your contacts name letter by letter very quickly in superimposed mode (meaning to draw letters superimposed without having to wait for the previous letter to be recognized)
-It senses your driving speed and changes to a talking app automatically
-It makes a best guess of which contact you want to call based on previous experiences, So if you give it enough time it will learn your calling habits, your patience will pay off.
-It makes a best guess of favorite contacts, categories of contacts based on contact name,company,department,job names.
-It can tag groups of contacts of similar interests
Things to consider when using Draw&Dial for the first time:
-Be patient the first few times of use as the app learns who and when do you call
-Do not use the app when and where it can pose a threat to your driving safety
-When searching a contact try to draw the least possible partial letters unique to the contact’s name. for example to search for ALEX draw X only, to search for DANNY draw NN only. The app will learn over time and you will minimize the search to a single letter in most cases.
I liked the design of Draw&Dial and started using it personally every day. Now it is on my permanent app bar and I never looked back again. Remember I’m already a safe, friendly, patient driver just missing this piece of the puzzle called “calling while driving”.
Features in detail:
-Quickly draw letters super-imposed to find your contacts
-Auto ordering priority of contacts dynamically as you call
-Auto assign favorite contacts
-Auto assign genre group for your contacts
-Auto sense driving mode, in which case it changes its behavior in response **
-Auto assign icons to contacts without images
-Auto zooms contact card while driving
-Auto grouping contacts using tags
-Let the app talk to you while driving
-Search contacts with partial names
-Keep a log of outgoing calls
-Remember the last phone number used for a contact
-Send SMS or Email to single or pre-defined contact groups
-Modify your contact record
Draw&Dial uses MyScript(TM) powerful handwritten recognition engine to dial your contacts while driving just by drawing letters or phone numbers**, and with little or no distraction.* Remember that making phone calls while driving is never advised! Although we all know this is the best way to stay safe, many people make calls anyway, regardless of safety concerns. Many people today use hands-free calling and connect via Bluetooth, but this only works if you pronounce the contact name clearly, and if there is minimal background noise. Others more dangerously use the traditional name search on their mobile phone and then place calls, or flip through endless favorite contacts – in both cases, a very bad idea!
* You are not advised to make phone calls while operating a motor vehicle. Always adhere to your local laws and regulations regarding making phone calls while driving.
** Due to restrictions on iOS development regulations, this app will only be able to track and log outgoing phone calls originating from Draw&Dial.
- January 21, 2013 Initial release
- March 09, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- September 03, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- July 07, 2015 New version 2.0
- July 29, 2015 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- July 30, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- August 11, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- September 25, 2015 New version 2.1
- November 25, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- December 02, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- December 05, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- December 31, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- January 24, 2016 New version 2.2
- February 06, 2016 New version 2.3
- June 22, 2016 New version 2.4
- June 22, 2016 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99