Patterns are everywhere! Learning to recognize them at an early age is a mathematical skill that carries all the way into high school Algebra! In Patterns Match Basic, children are taught through a practice and a play mode. In the practice mode, they are given a pattern string to study the pattern and then fill in the missing blanks of the same pattern string. In the play mode, they are asked to fill in the blanks without a completed pattern string to look at. This toggling between practice and play makes the app a great teaching tool for the concept of pattern recognition. Children will also enjoy the choice of object categories for the pattern strings, and for the SimpleSort users, these will be familiar images!
The game has an option to add up to 50 users, making this an app for a whole class! The color-coded Progress Check screen that keeps track of the top ten times is a great way for teachers and parents to encourage each child to improve against his/her own time thereby taking away the stress of competition.
Patterns Match Basic includes:
* A practice and a play mode
* A timer for the play mode
* 6 levels of play that get slightly more challenging as the level increases
* A narration for each screen that guides the user
* A progress check screen that keeps track of the top ten times
* Capability to support up to 50 users
*** Go to www.kidsandbeyond.com to view all our apps ***
- May 08, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- May 06, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- January 14, 2013 Initial release