* iOS 7 support
* Performance and stability fixes
Ready to learn about photosynthesis, proteins, amino acids, viruses, metabolism, bacteria, ecology, and everything in between? Campbell Biology for iPad, iPhone, PC & Mac is the best textbook to learn biology and brings everything to life with hundreds of customized enhancements. Spin 48 3D molecules and use more than 500 interactive images and embedded animations. When you need to prep for the exam, use multiple study tools like quizzes and concept checks built into every section. The natural world is constantly evolving. Now, your textbook has, too.
Top features for iPad, iPhone, Mac & PC:
* Interactive images: Take a closer look with over 500 image enhancements including: 48 3D molecules you can spin, 35 image Hot Spots that zooms through different layers, and more than 250 interactive images.
* Quizzes: Review the section you just read with interactive Concept Checks, and prep for the exam with end-of-chapter quizzes, complete with hints and answer feedback.
* Video: Need help visualizing complex interactions? Watch an animated video, embedded right in your book.
* Audio pronunciation All key terms are tappable, for instant access to the definition. Each poptip even includes an audio clip of pronunciation, so you can speak up in class with confidence.
* Links: Anything that looks tappable, is. Instantly go to another section, or learn more from the embedded poplink. You can even go directly to websites mentioned anywhere in the book.
* Search: Can’t remember the who, what, when or where? Search anything, and Inkling looks through the whole book—as well as Google and Wikipedia.
* Notebook for bookmarks and highlights: Make highlights, and bookmark anything, including pages, maps and websites. It’s all saved to your notebook that lives inside your guide for easy reference.
Bonus feature on iPad, PC & Mac:
* Notes: It’s easy to make notes anywhere in the guide that can even include web links. All notes are also saved to your guide’s searchable and personalized notebook.
Details on book content:
No other biology textbook, reference or resource delivers the depth like Campbell Biology with content on:
Carbon and the Molecular Diversity of Life
The Structure and Function of Large Biological Molecules
A Tour of the Cell
Membrane Structure and Function
An Introduction to Metabolism
Cellular Respiration and Fermentation
The Cell Cycle
Meiosis and Sexual Life Cycles
Mendel and the Gene Idea
The Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance
The Molecular Basis of Inheritance
From Gene to Protein
Regulation of Gene Expression
Genomes and Their Evolution
Descent with Modification: A Darwinian View of Life
The Evolution of Populations
The Origin of Species
The History of Life on Earth
Phylogeny and the Tree of Life
Bacteria and Archaea
Plant Diversity I: How Plants Colonized Land
Plant Diversity II: The Evolution of Seed Plants
An Overview of Animal Diversity
An Introduction to Invertebrates
The Origin and Evolution of Vertebrates
Plant Structure, Growth, and Development
Resource Acquisition and Transport in Vascular Plants
Soil and Plant Nutrition
Angiosperm Reproduction and Biotechnology
Plant Responses to Internal and External Signals
Basic Principles of Animal Form and Function
Circulation and Gas Exchange
The Immune System
Osmoregulation and Excretion
Hormones and the Endocrine System
Neurons, Synapses, and Signaling
Sensory and Motor Mechanisms
An Introduction to Ecology and the Biosphere
Ecosystems and Restoration Ecology
Conservation Biology and Global Change
- June 13, 2014 Initial release