What's NewFixes an issue where certain media files cause the app to crash during a run.
Major Update! Use all your songs, higher quality sound, improved bpm analyzer, smart playlists, improved playlist creation…
All Your Songs
* The change most requested by users is to have full access to their music library. We listened and you will now have full access to all your songs as well as any playlists you may have already set up in iTunes.
Higher Quality Sound
* We have improved our tempo-adjusting algorithms making every song sound better and allowing a wider range of song tempos to sound killer at running cadences.
Improved BPM Analyzer
* We have improved our song analyzer so that it more accurately detects each song's bpm, and built a really cool tool for you to correct song bpm by tapping it in yourself.
* The app now has a running song "Recommendations" list to quickly discover good running songs within your library, and a "Thumbs Up" list for songs that you have already run-tested and liked.
Improved Playlist Creation
* We have also implemented filtering tools to give you a way to quickly sort good candidate running songs from bad ones, and a preview tool to allow you to preview what each song is going to sound like at your running cadence.
A very small number of people have reported problems with Cruise Control listing some song titles as (null) after the upgrade. If you are experiencing such difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply delete and reinstall the app.
App DescriptionGet ready to rock your run! Part coach and part dance partner, Cruise Control produces magical running experiences. It adjusts your music in real-time to control your running and keep you on track to hit your target pace, heart rate, or cadence. We call it Cruise Control because it works a lot like cruise control in your car - you set your target, and the music will keep adjusting its rhythm, just like the car adjusts its throttle, to get you to your target and keep you there.
But Cruise Control is way more fun than pushing a button in your car! Imagine flying down the trail at exactly the speed you want, with every beat of every playlist song synchronized to your footfalls. It feels like your favorite band is right there with you, timing their kick drum to drive you faster and further. When we use it, we always get “Cruise Control Moments” - irrepressible smiles that stretch from ear to ear, outbursts of singing, and even some high-fiving of random dog walkers. Yeah, you can look a little goofy, but it sure feels great.
Under the hood of Cruise Control is some serious science. Researchers from the Locomotion Lab at Simon Fraser University used a combination of human experiments and control theory to develop algorithms that control your running speed and intensity in real-time. They filed patents, we licensed the technology, and together we built this App. * Patents Pending*
There are 4 ways to Cruise Control your run:
FREE RUN: A good place to start! Just go for a run and the rhythm of the music will adjust to match your running rhythm. Automatically.
PACE: Pick a target speed and go! As long as you match your steps to the rhythm of the music, the music will get you to your target speed and keep you there. How accurately? Our lab tests show that the average pacing error is less than 1%.
HEART RATE: Pick a target heart rate and go! Just like Pace Mode, as long as you match your steps to the rhythm of the music, the music will drive you to your heart rate goal. Our lab tests found that, on average, the measured heart rate is within 2 beats per minute of the target. Of course, you will need a Heart Rate Monitor for this mode.
CADENCE: Special order for the 90 strides per minute junkies! Pick a target stride rate and Cruise Control will adjust all your songs to play at the same tempo. This mode is also great for showing off how our algorithms can change music tempo without changing music pitch. No Alvin, Simon and Theodore here!
Cruise Control is no one-trick pony. It is a full-featured running app.
* Listen to your music. CC pulls good running songs from the music already on your phone into the app automatically. Need more tunes? Follow us on Twitter @CruiseCtrlRun or check www.cruisecontrolrun.com for run-tested playlists.
* Customize your favorite songs into epic playlists.
* Control your music on the run by switching songs or playlists or using the thumb-up and thumb-down feature to keep track of those great and not-so-great tunes.
* Accurately measure running pace and cadence using the iPhone’s built-in sensors.
* Pair with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart heart rate monitors and stride sensors for even more running data. Check out our favs at www.WahooFitness.com.
* View your pace, cadence, heart rate and route map as you run including current, average and maximum values.
* Review your running history. CC logs of all your runs - including mileage, distance, map, pace, cadence and heart rate – and organizes them by date in the history tab.
* Share your runs via Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
* Email your runs including all your data for uploading to your favorite training website (e.g. MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, Strava, etc.).
* Works seamlessly with the iPhones 4, 4S and 5. 3GS not supported.
Have questions? We're here to help! (email@example.com). Now, go rock your run!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
November 21, 2013 New version 1.1.5
September 26, 2013 New version 1.1.4
June 14, 2013 New version 1.1.2
June 01, 2013 New version 1.1.1
May 22, 2013 New version 1.1
February 02, 2013 New version 1.0.5
December 21, 2012 Initial Release