This app is your opportunity to check your knowledge about your body, to find out things you may not know and have a look inside you. You will see that there are systems in the human body that function involuntarily and without the conscious participation of the mind and also others which determine our voluntary functions.
The topics of the app include:
* The Circulatory System that pumps and channels blood to and from the body and lungs; with heart, blood, and blood vessels.
* The Digestive System that digests and processes food with salivary glands, esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, intestines, rectum and anus.
* The Endocrine System that communicates within the body using hormones made by endocrine glands such as the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, pineal gland, thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal glands.
* The Skeletal System that provides structural support and protection with bones, cartilage, ligaments, and tendons.
* The Muscular System that controls the movements of the body.
* The Nervous System that collects, transfers and processes information with brain, spinal cord and nerves.
* The Respiratory System with organs used for breathing like the pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, lungs and diaphragm.
* The Lymphatic System involved in the transfer of lymph between tissues and the blood stream, the lymph and the nodes and vessels that transport it.
* The Reproductive System that includes the reproductive organs, the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus, vagina, mammary glands in the female and testicles, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate etc.
* The Urinary System that includes kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra and it’s involved in fluid balance, electrolyte balance and excretion of urine.
* The Immune System that fights off disease; it is composed of leukocytes, tonsils, adenoids, thymus, and spleen.
How well you know your body functions? Check it with more than 800 multiple choice questions.
Start the journey inside you with this wonderful quiz about the human anatomy. Learn how things you consider easy and simple need complicated and fantastic procedures to happen and how small miracles work ceaselessly to keep us alive, healthy and smiling.
- December 15, 2012 Initial release