148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: PICTURE THIS? :: Read Our Full Review >>
Heliog is a photography-focused Dropbox app that could use a few improvements to make it a must-have for photography enthusiasts.
• support for PNG files (finally!)
• a login issue with the iPad (*)
• zero key when entering the lock code on the iPad
• performance issues
(*) We are very sorry about this issue and would like to apologize everyone that was affected by it.
App Description+ FEATURED ON TOP CHARTS IN MORE THAN 25 COUNTRIES
+ CULT OF MAC: "[...] there is now yet another amazing app for browsing the photos in your Dropbox."
# INTRODUCING HELIOG
Heliog enables you to manage your photos on Dropbox in a way you've never experienced before. It gives your photos the cool look they deserve on any iOS device.
# ACCESS ALL OF YOUR PHOTOS STORED IN DROPBOX
If you work in team and use Dropbox for syncing your photography artwork or want to have your photos all the time with you without carrying about syncing your device, then Heliog is for you. It instantly detects new photos and displays them in a cool way, even if you share folders with other Dropbox users. Every change to the shared folder is instantly updated and you can show the results instantly.
# SHARE, SHARE, AND SHARE
Using Dropbox's new sharing capability, you can share a photo or a folder with selected photos on Facebook, Twitter, per email or by copying it's link and using it as you like. Options are limitless.
# ONLINE OF OFFLINE
If you're a photographer and want to show your portfolio to your client, you can previously download and store all photos in any folder into your device and browse them offline using Heliog. All images are downloaded in their original resolution, so you can zoom in and show the details. You can mark folders as favorites and have them downloaded to your device for quicker access.
# INSTANT UPLOAD
You can use your device's camera to upload photos to a folder while you're shooting. And if you share that folder's link with your audience, you can let them follow your shooting session live. You can also browse your device's albums and upload multiple photos at the same time to Dropbox. If you use an iPad and the camera connection kit, Heliog is going to be your best companion, uploading and sharing your artwork instantly.
# UNIVERSAL APP
Heliog works great on the iPhone, the iPad or iPod touch. It supports all iOS devices natively and explores all their capabilities the right way.
# MAIN FEATURES
• open all your photos stored on Dropbox and view them the cool way;
• browse through your friend's shared folders and get all the new content on the fly;
• mark folders as favorites for quick access;
• search for folders inside other folders or on your complete Dropbox folder;
• create new folders for uploading and sharing your photos stored on your device or using the camera;
• rename folders on the fly;
• move folders and files easily anywhere inside Dropbox;
• view photos in square or normal view mode, with or without legends;
• order photos by name, update date or size;
• choose photos and share them through Facebook, Twitter, email or by getting their link and posting it anywhere you want;
• choose photos and save a smaller version or the original file to your device, or create a shared folder and post its link on Facebook, Twitter or send it by email;
• download an entire folder to your device for offline browsing, by choosing to download either the thumbnails or the original files;
• manage the space used by Heliog and clear memory used by the saved images;
• upload multiple files at once, entire albums or selected shots;
• shoot photos and share them instantly through a shared folder without getting interrupted;
• lock the access to Heliog with a pass code;
• check the size of your Dropbox account and free space available.
Heliog is the most modern, fastest and coolest way to manage your Dropbox photos. There's now an app of that, too!
We love what we do, and because there is a lot of passion built into this app, there may be some bugs here and there. If you feel you get a constant annoying error or the app is not working as it should be, we want to fix it for you! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We really want this ti be the best mobile experience out there.
Visit www.heliogapp.com for more info.
April 17, 2013 New version 1.0.2
March 22, 2013 New version 1.0.1
December 17, 2012 Initial Release