minor bug fixes
This crossword compilation software helps you construct crosswords in a simple and efficient way on your iOS devices. It has everything you need to create great educational, professional, and fun puzzles. It can build puzzles automatically from your list of words, or give you full control over the construction process. You could also share your finished work with friends through email, Facebook, Twitter, iMessage, AirDrop, etc; as well as printing your puzzle to any printer that supports the AirPrint technology.
After finishing the construction, you can then upload your work directly from the app to the Internet. People can then view and solve your puzzles online, from any modern web browser.
"Looking for crossword constructing software for your iPhone or iPad? Well, look no further. Crossword Maker For Cruciverbalists may be just the ticket. This handy tool has its own offline database and allows you to import your own word lists as well as reference external web resources." --- Kevin McCann, CRUCIVERB.COM
** Intuitive multi-touch editor designed for mobile devices **
The crossword editor is easy to use. It has an intuitive user interface which makes the maximum use of the multi-touch gestures. You can easily zoom out the board to see the full picture, or zoom in and scroll the crossword board to check the details.
Also, the puzzle editor is fully compatible with an external bluetooth keyboard on iOS 7 devices. The key mapping can be found at http://bit.ly/keymapping
** Clue database contains massive answers & clues from published crosswords **
The internal clue database contains 25,000 answers and 75,000 clues. It’s embedded into the software, so you could use it as soon as the installation finished. You could also import your own word / clue list if you want.
** Copyright information, and advanced statistics **
Title, author and copyright information could be easily accessed and modified. If available, they will be presented whenever your puzzles are shared or published.
The statistics of your crossword, including the word length distribution, letter usage, percentage of black squares, etc, are keeping up-to-date automatically.
** Auto-place your own words to construct a puzzle in seconds **
By providing a word list, the app could automatically search possible arrangements to use them to construct a crossword.
** Adding a picture backdrop for more fun **
On some occasions, you may want to take a picture, or import it from your photo album and set it as the background of your puzzle. All black squares will turn transparent when a background picture is set.
** Sharing and printing **
There is varies ways to share your puzzle between friends. You could either export your puzzle as the filled form and let other people continue working on that, or export the unfilled version to challenging your friends. The app would export your puzzle in various formats (PDF, image, TXT, iPUZ and PUZ), and they could be shared via email, iMessage, Facebook, Twitter, AirDrop, etc. with a simple touch. You may also choose to save the exported files to Dropbox, Evernote, etc., or open and play it with another app which supports them (e.g. Across Lite, Puzzazz, etc.).
You could also print your puzzle directly from your iPhone or iPad, to any device with AirPrint.
** Web publishing your puzzle is as easy as pie **
After finishing your crossword, you may choose to publish it through our web service. The app will generate a link for your puzzle, which you could share with your friends or any people you want. They could then play them on a web browser. The interactive puzzle player is written with pure HTML5, and will work perfectly in any compatible web browser, including Safari, Firefox, Chrome, IE, etc. No third-party plugin is needed.
** Want more information? **
Please access our website (http://cmfcapp.com/) for tutorial videos, FAQs, and other information.
- January 05, 2013 Initial release
- January 07, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- January 08, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- January 11, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $7.99
- January 16, 2013 New version 1.1.0
- January 18, 2013 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $4.99
- January 25, 2013 New version 1.2.0
- February 08, 2013 New version 2.0.0
- February 28, 2013 New version 3.0.0
- February 28, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- March 02, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- May 09, 2013 New version 3.0.1
- August 14, 2013 New version 4.0.0
- August 17, 2013 New version 4.0.1
- August 24, 2013 New version 4.0.2
- September 17, 2013 New version 4.0.3
- October 10, 2013 New version 5.0.0
- October 22, 2013 New version 5.1.0
- November 11, 2013 New version 6.0.0
- November 15, 2013 New version 6.0.1
- November 25, 2013 New version 6.1.0
- November 28, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- December 01, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- December 29, 2013 New version 6.1.1
- February 20, 2014 New version 6.2.0
- March 06, 2014 New version 6.3.3
- March 07, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $7.99
- March 10, 2014 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $4.99
- March 11, 2014 New version 6.3.4
- April 01, 2014 New version 6.3.5
- May 13, 2014 New version 6.4.0
- May 20, 2014 New version 6.5.0
- May 27, 2014 New version 6.6.0
- June 01, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- June 08, 2014 New version 6.7.0
- June 27, 2014 New version 6.7.1
- July 12, 2014 New version 6.7.2
- October 19, 2014 New version 6.7.3
- November 04, 2014 New version 6.7.4
- November 06, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- June 30, 2016 New version 6.7.5