• Bug Fixes
Got what it takes to be an MMA fighter? In this course, pro fighter Andrew “The Squid” Montañez teaches you all the brutal strikes, chokes, grapplings, takedowns and throws you need to dominate in the ring. And, for the first time ever, get one-on-one instruction from the Squid himself with our brand new video Q-and-A feature! Use the app to send Squid a video of you asking a question and get a personalized response from the MMA expert.
With this app, you'll:
• Get every episode of the hit YouTube show “MMA Surge," which has more than 65,000 subscribers and 3.2 million views—and growing!
• Get personalized tips from a pro, with our new video Q-and-A feature!
• Master the signature moves used by MMA pros like Anderson Silva and Bas Rutten with our step-by-step tutorials.
But wait, there's more:
• Learn how to do the exact moves used in videos games like Assassin's Creed 3, from the fight choreographer himself!
• Get predictions, results and analysis of major professional MMA fights from Squid.
• Learn the best drills to increase your fighting power and stamina.
You want even more? Get ready:
• Learn the moves that will have your opponent tapping out in no time—and find out how to defend yourself against these, too!
• No money for practice tools? Squid will teach you how to make DIY training sticks from materials you probably already own.
• Get three new MMA Surge episodes every week directly on your mobile device.
Your host for this app, The Squid, is a New York City native with a history of taking down the competition. He was undefeated in 14 no-rules Vale Tudo contests. In 2009, he won the Grappler's Quest Nationals in his weight class, beating five grapplers in a single day. And in 2010, he became National Fighting Championship's Middleweight Champion. He also coordinates stunts and choreographs fights for films and television. If you want the benefit of hands-on lessons, you can find him in Los Angeles, training fighters at Fortune Gym.
- May 25, 2013 New version 1.5
- April 12, 2013 New version 1.4
- February 16, 2013 New version 1.3
- February 07, 2013 New version 1.2
- January 03, 2013 New version 1.1
- December 15, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> FREE!
- December 15, 2012 Initial release