Japanese street signs deciphered and explained – take a virtual tour around one of central Tokyo’s most popular areas and learn kanji as you go!
With over 150 individual kanji presented in simple, easy-to-understand categories across more than 200 pages, you’ll learn some of the most useful kanji signs spotted throughout Japan. The app includes five mini-tours, eight kanji categories, hiragana and katakana charts to help your understanding, fabulous high-resolution photos of the area to make you feel as if you are really there, and an audio guide to help with your pronunciation, you'll be a kanji spy in no time! And when you feel as though you've mastered all the kanji in the app, why not take a quiz to test how much you have learned?
A wonderful way to learn the kanji most commonly encountered in Japan and get a real sense of life in Tokyo.
Let KanjiSpy be your guide and start sign-spotting now!
• 150 individual kanji with descriptions
• Native pronunciation audio guide for each kanji
• Hiragana and katakana charts
• Real examples of the kanji in high-resolution photos
• Multiple-choice quiz in both English-Japanese and Japanese-English formats
• Bookmarks feature that lets you save pages
• Visual Contents and Bookmarks to allow you to navigate easily to your chosen section
• Autoplay mode that turns pages and plays audio automatically
Kanji categories include:
• Public places
• Shops and offices
• Days and times
- September 19, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- February 26, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- February 12, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- December 31, 2012 Initial release