148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: EPIC BATTLE :: Read Our Full Review >>
A classic adventure strategy game brought to iOS, The Lords of Midnight is a great if tough game to play for war game fans.
What's NewVersion 1.06
1. FIXED: Cleanup of undo files sometimes caused slow down
2. FIXED: Grouped lords actions were constrained by the leading lord
3. FIXED: Finding a new weapon should have dropped the old weapon
4. FIXED: Win/Lose conditions are now checked at the start of night and not and the end of it
5. FIXED: Display of Win/Lose conditions has been tidied up on smaller resolutions
6. FIXED: Cropped shield on main view on smaller resolutions
7. FIXED: Position of group leader shield on main view
8. ADDED: Grouped moving now reports the suttborn lord blocking the movement
9. ADDED: Grouped attack now reports the suttborn lord blocking the attack
10. ADDED: Little description of a story in the continue/end selector. Will update after a story has been loaded after the update.
11. Tidied up tutorial window
12. Compass has been increased in size
13. FIXED: "Less the 1 hours of the day remain"
14. FIXED: "utterly tired and cannot continue"
15. FIXED: "and none riders"
16. ADDED: Swipe left and right on think screen for next and previous
17. ADDED: Vibrate on compass
18. ADDED: Option for normal, short, long hold delays on compass.
19. ADDED: Save select lord screen filter info per game
20. ADDED: Save map critters filter info per game
21. ADDED: Save overview map setting per game
22. ADDED: Pressing screen on think for next
23. ADDED: Swipe down on think to return to look screen
24. ADDED: think swipe option for press/swipe
25. ADDED: Option for slow night battle reports
26. ADDED: Option to collate battles areas or display repeated areas
App DescriptionMike Singleton's '84 classic Adventure Strategy game, brought to and updated for iOS.
"The Lords of Midnight is not simply an adventure game nor simply a war game. It was really a new type that became known as an epic game, for as you play the Lords of Midnight you will be writing a new chapter in the history of the peoples of the Free.
You will guide individual characters across the land of Midnight on vital quests but you will also command armies that must endeavour to hold back the foul hordes of Doomdark, the witch king. Yours will be no inevitable victory." - Mike Singleton 1984
"Lords of Midnight does story-based, large-scope, high-fantasy warfare better than most titles I can think of, iOS or otherwise."
- Rating 4/5- PocketTactics.com
"This is an outstanding remake and developer Chris Wild, should feel very proud of creating such a superb celebration of the man’s work."
- Rating 8/10 - Metro
"#1 - Top 5 iPhone and iPad games of the week"
"If you're interested in classic games, especially fantasy and/or strategy games, Lords of Midnight is a must-have."
- Rating 4/5 - TouchArcade.com
"App of the Year!"
- Rating 5/5, Mirror.co.uk
"It's an unmissable remake. Few titles weather the storms of time as well as this solid-gold classic."
- Rating 4/5 - PocketGamer.co.uk
"A must own title; pure genius and extremely entertaining. Recommended."
- Rating 98/100 - Arcade Life
“Made of extremely bright colors and clean lines, a stylistic choice that was and still is very original.”
"Despite the perfectly adapted touch controls and crisp graphic presentation, this is a proper 1980s they-don’t-make-’em-like-they-used-to game"
"#3 - Top 10 iPad games and apps of December 2012"
"If you love a game, love the game’s creator and want to produce an updated tribute – here’s your benchmark. Almost thirty years old and yet it feels fresh, relevant and completely at home on a touch screen. Recommended without reservation – so good it makes me want to cry."
- Arcade Life
"Original, longed for and a perfect adaptation of a legendary game. Unlike those Spectrum conversions that are strictly for nostalgia lovers, Chris Wild’s Lords of Midnight will enthrall any gamer who thinks he has what it takes for a true battle of wits where only the most brilliant commanders will survive."
- Louise Mensch, Mirror.co.uk
"Lords of Midnight is an experience that everybody with a remote interest in games should have, buying into your characters and developing your own war stories is a wonderful thing. It is a game with hidden depths that deserve to be plumbed and I cannot recommend it enough."
iOS Best Port/Retro Gamer of the Year"
- Arcade Life
Please check out www.thelordsofmidnight.com/blog for news on updates and new features to come...
** PLEASE NOTE **
You need iBooks installed to read the Novella.
February 18, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
February 18, 2013 New version 1.06
February 02, 2013 New version 1.05
January 09, 2013 New version 1.02
November 30, -0001 Initial Release