148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: ROUGH ADVENTURING :: Read Our Full Review >>
Lacking great looks and style, Sherlock Holmes 2 is still quite fun for the adventure game book fan.
What's NewFully updated for iOS7!
App DescriptionSHERLOCK HOLMES 2: THE BLACK RIVER EMERALD
A GAMEBOOK by renowned author Peter Ryan where YOU play the detective!
The once-exclusive Belton School for boys in Shropshire has seen better days, but theft, blackmail and attempted murder are not yet part of the curriculum! Prowl the shadows of the Belton School grounds and shadow suspects throug the crowds of London in this thrilling adventure. Prove yourself innocent of the theft of the valuable and cursed Black River Emerald as you seek the guilty party. If mystery and danger abound, can Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson be far behind?
You are the detective in this action-packed second interactive gamebook of the SHERLOCK HOLMES SOLO MYSTERIES series!
What is a gamebook, you ask? A gamebook is unlike a regular book. In a regular book, you read one chapter after another, from 1 to 2 to 3. In a gamebook, at the end of chapter 1, you have to make a decision (or roll the dice, or both); and your decision and the results of your actions determine what chapter you read on from there. In this way, a gamebook does not present you with just one fixed storyline, but splits into dozens and sometimes hundreds of different outcomes. YOU determine how the story goes on. And no two plays are the same.
- new dynamically adapting music
- new atmospheric sound effects
- portrait or landscape mode (iPad)
- create your own detective or play the default character
- fully automated character/clues sheet and your own digital notebook
- automatically saves and resumes the story where you left off
- all gamebook rules: virtual animated dice, page flip and random number table
- all the original artwork from the printed book in HD
- Game Center Achievements
- VoiceOver compatible (listen to the text!) - new and improved
Note: This gamebook is an original work. It is NOT the work of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
October 05, 2013 New version 1.4
September 26, 2013 New version 1.3
July 07, 2013 New version 1.2
June 12, 2013 Initial Release