Bug fixes for "Fall 2013".
This highly animated app turns your iPad into a desktop accessory that opens a window to the world. It displays breaking news in any topic or language and you can adjust how often each topic refreshes. You even get local news based on your current location.
The app blocks duplicate stories but displays every tweet you follow. It even lets you see replies and mentions as they happen. This can result in a burst of activity if you follow popular celebrities, but the stream can be limited to high quality tweets using Twitter's new rating filter.
Unlike other newsreaders and Twitter clients, CurrentAffairs is designed to run all day and constantly update itself. It is a great way to use your iPad while you are actually using another computer.
*** FREE ***
– Fresh stories grab your attention by floating down and bouncing off other stories
– Old stories disappear to make room for new ones
– Apple's built-in support for Twitter means you don't need to login
– Cool screen saver runs when all stories are deleted
– Mixer controls how often each topic is updated
– Customize topics to anything you want
– Location aware local news feed
– Enable Twitter replies and mentions for everyone you follow
– Flick to see more topics
– Tap and hold any link to add it to your Safari Reading List
– Topic columns do not scroll vertically, they only show the most recent content
– Columns can be deleted with the trashcan, but will reappear when news happens
*** NO ADS ***
Why is this powerful app free? We rely on free APIs so we have no overhead. However, if you want to add more functionality and encourage development of more features, please use in-app purchase to unlock the Extras Package. It lets you lock stories, delete all with one tap, and get local news from anywhere.
- September 19, 2013 New version 1.1
- May 29, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- May 12, 2013 Initial release