What's New• Fixed problem with notification manager hanging app on launch in iOS 7
• Fixed bug with low temperature displays in timelines
App Descriptionswackett 2.0 for iPad
The Visual Weather Report
swackett® is a fun new way to look at the weather. We communicate weather forecasts visually by presenting people symbols (peeps) who always appear appropriately dressed for weather conditions. We convert complex weather data to easily-understood, visual weather reports suitable for people of every age.
If it happens to be cold outside, swackett peeps appear dressed in winter hats, coats and boots. A hot, sunny day? swackett peeps appear wearing shorts and sunglasses — and they even remember to bring along drinking water and sunblock. Rain? swackett peeps appear with rain jackets and an umbrella. This is a fun, fresh and truly useful weather report experience for people of any age.
A Version 2.0 Series swackett App
swackett for iPad is our first version 2.0 series swackett app. Every facet of the swackett interface has been refined and upgraded — including peep displays, weather photography, weather icons, watches and warnings and more.
Power Packs: New!
Extended functionality has been added to swackett with Power Packs. swackett Power Packs are the foundation for all weather-savvy functionality, and are infinitely upgradeable and extendable. Power Packs in this app include:
• Forecast details
• Watches and Warnings (US)
• Peep IQ
• swackett Classic
• Peep Wars
• This Day In Weather History (in-app upgrade)
• Weathergram (in-app upgrade)
Forecasts and Imagery
• Current weather details
• Visual forecasts for today, tonight and tomorrow
• Hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours
• Daily forecasts for the next 5 days
• Local, regional, state and national full-motion radar images (where available) with rain, ice and snow color mapping
• Smart watches and warnings with push notification to iOS devices (available currently only in the US but coming soon to other countries)
Comprehensive Weather Details
• Temperature and “real feel” temperature
• Dew point
• Wind speed and directions
• Sunrise and sunset
• Precipitation amounts for rain, ice and snow
• Percent probability of precipitation
• swackett Peep Packs (Editions) to keep forecasts fresh and fun
• Seamless multi-platform location synchronization (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Web).
• The ability to share forecasts via Facebook, Twitter and email
September 26, 2013 New version 2.0.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release