Added sounding unit to speed display (e.g. DEPTH IN FEET)
Sail USVI displays high-resolution marine navigation charts for sailors and boaters in the US Virgin Islands. The application uses NOAA vector charts that have been converted into huge, high-resolution images. The images have been highly optimized for fast, efficient panning and zooming. When viewing charts, the application will obtain GPS coordinates from your iPhone or iPad (if available) and will plot your location on the chart. Your speed and bearing will also be shown.
The charts are based on NOAA data as of November 2012. The following charts are included:
1. 25640 - Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands
2. 25641 - Virgin Islands Virgin Gorda to St Thomas and St Croix
3. 25644 - Frederiksted Road
4. 25645 - Christiansted Harbor
5. 25647 - Pillsbury Sound
6. 25649 - St Thomas Harbor
7. 25650 - Virgin Passage and Sonda De Vieques
8. 25653 - Isla De Culebra and Approaches
9. 25663 - Pasaje De San Juan to Puerto De Humacao
The charts are stored on your device for off-line viewing.
While the charts are based on NOAA data they should only be used as a navigational aid and not as a substitute for navigational equipment required under law or marine regulations.
Special thanks to Bob Webster for converting the charts to PNG format.
- June 09, 2014 Initial release