-Dr. Toy 2013 Best Vacation Products Award Winner
-Parents Choice Silver Award Winner
"Best New Dino Themed Apps for Kids" – USA TODAY
"Ansel and Clair Jurassic and Triassic are the equivalent of 10-15 hours of TED and Khan Academy lectures with a dozen or more YouTube videos and a trip to a natural history museum thrown in for good measure. There really isn't anything to which to compare these apps. It's like getting an entire album of music for the price of a single" - SMART APPS FOR KIDS
"This latest app hits the nail directly on the head" - TEACHERSWITHAPPS
"Top 10 Apps for Teaching Social Studies" - AVATAR GENERATION
"Honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of Ansel & Clair applications, and Jurassic Dinosaurs is no different" - iPAD FAN
Ansel & Clair series (winner of 19 awards) launches second app in its dinosaur trilogy, Ansel and Clair: Jurassic Dinosaurs (video demo at www.anselandclair.com)
Spectacular interactions & animations, stunning visuals, puzzles & games bring Dinosaurs to life
- Allosaurus, a giant meat-eating dinosaur that was an ancestor of the Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Apatosaurus, a large Sauropod that was over 80 feet long and weighed more than 5 elephants
- Archaeopteryx, the earliest known flying dinosaur, which had both feathers and scales
- Hybodus, which was a shark-like water animal that lived during all three dinosaur periods
- Brachiosaurus or Arm Lizard, a gigantic Sauropod, which had longer fore limbs than legs
- Plesiosaurus, a marine reptile that did not lay eggs, but gave birth to live young in the water
- Stegosaurus, a popular armored plant-eating dinosaur
Science, history, geography and geology incorporated in a fun, contextual manner
- Why did the Apatosaurus swallow stones?
- Did modern birds evolve from the flying dinosaurs?
- Why were there more plant-eating dinosaurs than meat-eating dinosaurs?
- Were there polar ice caps during the Jurassic?
- How can you tell the age of a fossil? How do you know where to look for fossils?
- Why are you more likely to find fossils in sedimentary rocks and not in igneous or metamorphic rocks?
- How did new pine cones grow if there were no pine flowers?
Much loved features from other Ansel & Clair apps
- Touch and drag camera to take photos of dinosaurs and other animals of the Jurassic period
- Collect and arrange photos in the Travel Log, and even type your own notes
Selected Awards won by “Ansel & Clair Adventures in Africa” and "Ansel & Clair: Cretaceous Dinosaurs" and “Ansel & Clair: Paul Revere’s Ride”
Parent’s Choice 2012 Silver Award Winner
Dr. Toy Top 10 Tech Products of 2011
2012 Media of the Year Award - Creative Child Magazine
National Parenting Publications (NAPPA) 2012 Silver Award
Dr. Toy Top 100 Products of 2011
2011 and 2012 Mom’s Choice Awards
Parent's Choice 2011 Recommended Product Award
Here is what reviewers had to say about other Ansel & Clair apps:
- “This is one of the best educational apps for kids on the iPad” – USA Today
- “Great fun for kids, and very educational” – Wired / Geekdad
- “A hidden gem! This magnificent-looking app takes kids on a magical learning adventure through Africa" - Commonsense Media
- “One of the BEST apps I have seen. I am truly amazed” – iPad Curriculum
- "Incredible educational app…The students gave the app an initial road-test last week and I haven’t been able to get them off since!" – Teachers With Apps
- Top 35 Must-Have Educational iPhone and iPad Apps Used by Real Teachers in the Classroom – Appolicious
- Best Kids iPads Learning Apps Winter 2013 – Imagination Soup
- The 12 Best Children’s Educational iPad Apps Released In 201 2– Teachers with Apps
- Cognitive Kid Changes the Way History will be Taught. - Teachers with Apps
To learn more about Ansel & Clair, visit www.anselandclair.com
- February 17, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- February 12, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- January 29, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- January 24, 2013 Initial release