App Description-Dr. Toy 2013 Best Vacation Products Award Winner
-Parents Choice Silver Award Winner
"Best New Dino Themed Apps for Kids" â€“ USA TODAY
"Ansel and Clair Jurassic and TriassicÂ are the equivalent of 10-15 hours of TED and Khan Academy lectures with a dozen or more YouTube videos and a trip to a natural history museum thrown in for good measure. There really isn't anything to which to compare these apps. It's like getting an entire album of music for the price of a single" - SMART APPS FOR KIDS
"This latest app hits the nail directly on the head" - TEACHERSWITHAPPS
"Top 10 Apps for Teaching Social Studies" - AVATAR GENERATION
"Honestly, you canâ€™t go wrong with any of Ansel & Clair applications, and Jurassic Dinosaurs is no different" - iPAD FAN
Ansel & Clair series (winner of 19 awards) launches second app in its dinosaur trilogy, Ansel and Clair: Jurassic Dinosaurs (video demo at www.anselandclair.com)
Spectacular interactions & animations, stunning visuals, puzzles & games bring Dinosaurs to life
- Allosaurus, a giant meat-eating dinosaur that was an ancestor of the Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Apatosaurus, a large Sauropod that was over 80 feet long and weighed more than 5 elephants
- Archaeopteryx, the earliest known flying dinosaur, which had both feathers and scales
- Hybodus, which was a shark-like water animal that lived during all three dinosaur periods
- Brachiosaurus or Arm Lizard, a gigantic Sauropod, which had longer fore limbs than legs
- Plesiosaurus, a marine reptile that did not lay eggs, but gave birth to live young in the water
- Stegosaurus, a popular armored plant-eating dinosaur
Science, history, geography and geology incorporated in a fun, contextual manner
- Why did the Apatosaurus swallow stones?
- Did modern birds evolve from the flying dinosaurs?
- Why were there more plant-eating dinosaurs than meat-eating dinosaurs?
- Were there polar ice caps during the Jurassic?
- How can you tell the age of a fossil? How do you know where to look for fossils?
- Why are you more likely to find fossils in sedimentary rocks and not in igneous or metamorphic rocks?
- How did new pine cones grow if there were no pine flowers?
Much loved features from other Ansel & Clair apps
- Touch and drag camera to take photos of dinosaurs and other animals of the Jurassic period
- Collect and arrange photos in the Travel Log, and even type your own notes
Selected Awards won by â€śAnsel & Clair Adventures in Africaâ€ť and "Ansel & Clair: Cretaceous Dinosaurs" and â€śAnsel & Clair: Paul Revereâ€™s Rideâ€ť
Parentâ€™s Choice 2012 Silver Award Winner
Dr. Toy Top 10 Tech Products of 2011
2012 Media of the Year Award - Creative Child Magazine
National Parenting Publications (NAPPA) 2012 Silver Award
Dr. Toy Top 100 Products of 2011
2011 and 2012 Momâ€™s Choice Awards
Parent's Choice 2011 Recommended Product Award
Here is what reviewers had to say about other Ansel & Clair apps:
- â€śThis is one of the best educational apps for kids on the iPadâ€ť â€“ USA Today
- â€śGreat fun for kids, and very educationalâ€ť â€“ Wired / Geekdad
- â€śA hidden gem! This magnificent-looking app takes kids on a magical learning adventure through Africa" - Commonsense Media
- â€śOne of the BEST apps I have seen. I am truly amazedâ€ť â€“ iPad Curriculum
- "Incredible educational appâ€¦The students gave the app an initial road-test last week and I havenâ€™t been able to get them off since!" â€“ Teachers With Apps
- Top 35 Must-Have Educational iPhone and iPad Apps Used by Real Teachers in the Classroom â€“ Appolicious
- Best Kids iPads Learning Apps Winter 2013 â€“ Imagination Soup
- The 12 Best Childrenâ€™s Educational iPad Apps Released In 201 2â€“ Teachers with Apps
- Cognitive Kid Changes the Way History will be Taught.Â Â -Â Teachers with Apps
To learn more about Ansel & Clair, visit www.anselandclair.com
January 24, 2013 Initial Release