What the critics have said:
“If you're looking for a game that shows how simple, touchscreen-focused controls can create an elegant, hugely entertaining experience, then NightSky is well worth your time.” - Pocket Gamer
“Tight controls and effective ambience make NightSky one of the best physics platformers around.” - MacLife
"The physics-based gameplay is clever, but the real draws are the beautiful scenery and the ambient electronic soundtrack." - IGN.com
“There is no denying that NightSky accomplishes just about everything it sets out to do.” -Dtoid.com
“Night Sky has so many well designed elements working in unison to craft an immersive iOS experience that is a should buy.” - Apple ‘N Apps
Awards and acclaims:
GDC Independent Games Festival Seumas McNally Grand Prize Finalist
GDC Independent Games Festival Excellence in Design Finalist
GDC Independent Games Festival Excellence in Audio Finalist
Ideame Featured Title
ACMI Best of IGF Exhibition
NightSky is the critically acclaimed and award-winning physics-based puzzle game--now on iOS!
With varied and beautiful worlds, each is broken into different areas. Use intuitive touch controls to maneuver a mysterious crystal sphere and unlock the mystery. There are no enemies, no bosses and no violence in NightSky.
Combining black silhouettes with vibrant colors and beautiful artwork, NightSky will capture your imagination instantly. Roll through picturesque worlds, each with its own atmosphere, environment and personality. Discover its secrets.
SERENITY THROUGH AUDIO
Experience this world through high-quality ambient audio effects and sounds. Over one hour of professionally composed and produced music (by international musician, Chris Schlarb) will accompany you on your journey.
THE PERFECT TOUCH
Tuned for iOS, NightSky feels right at home on your device. Swipe to play! Alternate controls include tilt and virtual control pad.
NightSky GAME FEATURES:
- Universal binary! Yeah!
- 2D Platform/Puzzle Game
- Advanced 2D physics model
- iOS 5 and 6 native support
- Multiple Game Difficulties (Normal and Alternative)
- Multiple “vehicles”, each with specific uses and controls
- Additional, unlockable secret Bonus Levels
- Original ambient soundtrack by musician, Chris Schlarb
*** For the coolest games new information, visit us at: www.nicalis.com ***
Or follow us on Twitter: @nicalis
- March 14, 2013 Initial release
- March 15, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- March 18, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- March 21, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- May 04, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- May 07, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- May 09, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- May 20, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $2.99
- July 13, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- July 16, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- August 02, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- March 14, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- March 29, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- April 02, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- April 11, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- April 14, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- April 15, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- April 25, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- April 28, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99