Major new features:
• added find in files functionality to the sidebar, including regular expression search
• Emmet - the essential toolkit for web developers - is now integrated into Textastic. Visit emmet.io for more information.
• balance brackets and quotes: automatically inserts a matching closing character when typing an opening brace or quote
• automatically indent based on syntax when typing
• added syntax definitions for Arduino, Batch files, Clojure, Fountain, Go, and Swift
• updated app icon
• added crash reporter
• ".command" files are now recognized as shell scripts
• added "show scope" command to show the scope at the cursor location
• the color of tab characters is now themeable
• rewrote detection of encoding/charset tags in XML and HTML files
• fixed underline drawing
• fixed a scrolling issue when clicking on the editor after using the Find command
• When the code completion list was visible and you then changed to another application, the window disappeared and only reappeared when you changed back to Textastic.
• many other bug fixes and improvements
Textastic is a powerful and fast text, code, and markup editor.
• syntax highlighting support for more than 80 source code and markup languages
• compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• open files in tabs
• open folders in a sidebar
• find in files
• symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Emmet support built-in
• Auto Save and Versions
• iCloud document sync
• ready for Retina displays
Please note: You can use Textastic for iPad and iPhone to sync files between the Mac and iOS versions of Textastic using iCloud.
- August 28, 2014 New version 3.0
- June 17, 2014 Initial release