• Print your files. You can select a separate font size and theme for printing. You can also choose if you want to print line numbers, footers, and headers.
• "Open Quickly" command: use it to find and open a file by typing characters that are in the name of the file or path. This command searches all folders that were added to the sidebar as well as Textastic's iCloud document folder. A sophisticated scoring algorithm orders the search results so you'll find the most likely match on the top of the list. Consecutive character matches, acronyms, and matching file extensions get a higher score.
• "Go to Line" command
• Added Markdown color rules to all built-in themes
• Themes are now grouped by whether they are light or dark
• Updated Swift syntax definition
• Fixed tab bar drawing issues
• The cursor could get stuck when using the arrow keys to navigate in text that contains Japanese characters
• Expanded sidebar subfolders could collapse when a mounted drive created by Transmit was updated
• Fixed an issue that would prevent the app from launching when the computer's network was configured with a link aggregate
Textastic is a powerful and fast text, code, and markup editor.
• syntax highlighting support for more than 80 source code and markup languages
• compatible with TextMate syntax definitions and themes
• open files in tabs
• open folders in a sidebar
• find in files
• print files
• symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Emmet support built-in
• Auto Save and Versions
• iCloud document sync
• ready for Retina displays
Please note: You can use Textastic for iPad and iPhone to sync files between the Mac and iOS versions of Textastic using iCloud.
- June 17, 2014 Initial release
- August 28, 2014 New version 3.0
- September 22, 2015 New version 3.1
- September 22, 2015 Price decrease: $8.99 -> $7.99
- October 13, 2015 Price decrease: $7.99 -> $3.99
- October 20, 2015 Price increase: $3.99 -> $7.99
- July 13, 2016 New version 3.2