You’ll now see a new quote each day, to go along with the Daily Calm. It’s also sharable, so if you love the quote, spread the love.
While you’re waiting for the update to install, try this simple practice: Relax, close your eyes, and take a few deep breaths. As you breathe, allow any tension you’re holding to melt away. Scan your body starting with your head and face, and slowly scan your attention down to your toes, softening each body part one by one. See how it feels to stop and fully relax the mind and body
Relax with Calm, a simple mindfulness meditation app featured in the New York Times and LifeHacker, that will bring more clarity, joy, and peace of mind into your life, at work or at home.
Fall asleep faster with over 25 soothing calming sounds which relieve you from outside stress and anxiety. A recent brain imaging study published in a Harvard journal concluded that “mindfulness meditation sessions alter regions of the brain associated with memory, awareness of self, and compassion.”
To cater to different styles we have three mediation options:
a) 7-21 days guided meditation programs which keep track of your progress;
b) unguided meditation sessions; and
c) over 25 guided meditation session that last from just a couple of minutes to up to about 20 minutes.
* Guided Programs *
There are 3 guided programs with more on the way. Our ‘7 Days of Calm’ free introductory program teaches the basics of mindfulness meditation. By breaking down the meditation techniques into 7 steps it is easier to learn how to perform advanced techniques like breathing and attaining the correct posture.
When you are ready to deepen your meditation practice you can upgrade to the ‘21 Days of Calm’ program. This longer program is great training for you to be able to meditate yourself if you are ever without your smartphone.
Our ‘7 Days of Sleep’ premium program is for people that need a little bit of help when falling asleep.
* Unguided Sessions *
If you prefer no voiceover while you meditate or while you are going to sleep, we have over 25 relaxing options to help you reach your moment of ultimate relaxation.
Retreat from your surroundings and travel the world with over 10 of our beautiful and immersive nature scenes. Choose your perfect background sound and scene to help you relax anytime anywhere. We also have 16 blissful music unguided tracks composed by Kip Mazuy.
* Guided Sessions *
Choose one of our 25 guided sessions that last from just a couple of minutes up to 20 minutes when you want to meditate on the fly or in the comfort of your home. With a variety of options you are bound to find the appropriate session for your specific needs. Examples include guides that help you ease mental tension, have a restful night, focus your mind, unlock your imagination, have a spiritual awakening, and much more.
* Press highlights *
- “I’m generally wary of meditation apps because they sometimes weave in too much mystic talk for my taste. But Calm instead contains guidance like ‘Concentrate on your body’” - New York Times
- “In the frenetic, crazy, digital world we live in, sometimes it's necessary to take a step back and smell the roses” - Mashable
- “Eliminating distraction...ended up helping me relax and realize that all the stuff I was stressing about wasn't that big a deal” - Tech Republic
- “Found myself similarly refreshed afterwards” - Tech Crunch
Calm is free to download and use. Calm subscribers receive the great premium meditations mentioned above and is available through an auto- renewing subscription.
There are two subscription options:
- Calm Subscription 1 Month for $9.99
- Calm Subscription 1 Year for $39.99
Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of renewal depends on which subscription-type you are on (yearly is $39.99, monthly is $9.99). You will not be able to cancel an already purchased subscription during the active period, however you may turn off auto-renewal at any time. Your subscription may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- February 23, 2013 Initial release
- February 26, 2013 New version 1.01
- March 25, 2013 New version 1.02
- April 06, 2013 New version 1.03
- April 16, 2013 New version 1.03.01
- May 23, 2013 New version 1.04
- May 31, 2013 New version 1.04.01
- June 08, 2013 New version 1.04.02
- September 13, 2013 New version 1.04.03
- January 16, 2014 New version 1.05
- February 11, 2014 New version 1.05.01
- March 14, 2014 New version 1.05.02
- June 27, 2014 New version 1.06
- July 13, 2014 New version 1.07
- August 04, 2014 New version 1.8
- September 19, 2014 New version 1.8.1
- December 20, 2014 New version 1.9
- January 27, 2015 New version 1.9.2
- February 06, 2015 New version 1.9.3
- March 06, 2015 New version 2.0
- March 07, 2015 New version 2.0.1
- March 16, 2015 New version 2.0.2
- April 27, 2015 New version 2.3
- April 28, 2015 New version 2.3.1
- May 27, 2015 New version 2.3.2
- June 05, 2015 New version 2.3.5
- June 27, 2015 New version 2.4
- July 11, 2015 New version 2.4.2
- July 14, 2015 New version 2.4.3
- July 15, 2015 New version 2.4.4
- August 02, 2015 New version 2.4.5
- August 11, 2015 New version 2.5
- August 21, 2015 New version 2.5.1
- September 15, 2015 New version 2.5.2
- September 30, 2015 New version 2.5.3
- October 09, 2015 New version 2.5.4
- October 27, 2015 New version 2.5.5
- November 24, 2015 New version 2.5.6
- December 13, 2015 New version 2.5.7
- December 22, 2015 New version 2.5.8
- January 16, 2016 New version 2.6
- February 14, 2016 New version 2.6.1
- March 23, 2016 New version 2.6.2
- June 23, 2016 New version 2.7.1
- June 30, 2016 New version 2.7.3
- July 18, 2016 New version 2.7.4