Speed improvements - Read preloaded pages while your download is in progress.
Optimization enhancements - load only those parts of the app that are needed for your iDevice.
New Design Concept (for users upgrading from 3.x to 4.8x).
- Improved user experience of clicking on a publication's thumbnail to open the order screen
- Supports 3D touch shortcut for Online/Catalog view if online view is available
- Free titles notification
- Newspaper Radio freezing issues resolved
- Device rotation problems resolved
- App menu navigation problems resolved
- Download button unresponsive in certain conditions problems resolved
- Highlight problem on radio/listen page resolved
- Black box appears on some articles problem resolved
- Memory leak with menu icons alignment causing crashes is resolved
- SmartFlow adjusted to display correct picture to articles
- Corrected display of page numbers when title is loading in spread view
- Can start/stop downloading midstream and final download is not corrupted
- Accounts page displays account information for single account
- Images made sharper during pre-load stage
Want to read Cape Breton’s Only Local Daily Newspaper on your Apple mobile device? Maybe you leave before the printed version is delivered in the morning, you travel a lot or just want to go paperless? The Cape Breton Post's app may be for you. This app allows you to view a digital replica of the printed product. Download the application for free and enjoy a complimentary 7-issue trial. Future issues are available as a monthly or annual subscription.
Access to the content in each day’s paper is yours delivered to you digitally each day exactly as the print product would appear. If you elect to download the Cape Breton Post through our app, you will be able to view it without further need of wi-fi connection or data plan. So bring it to the gym, take it on a plane or enjoy it anywhere.
We hope you enjoy your paper in this new and innovative way.
The Cape Breton Post: Leaders in news, information and digital services!
The Cape Breton Post offers you four ways to subscribe:
1 month $19.99
3 months $44.99
6 months $89.99
1 year $169.99
Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase unless you are already a print subscriber, in which case you simply use your current print subscription account number to create your Smart Edition username and password. Don’t know your print subscription account number? Please contact us at [email protected]
Please Note: Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
•You may manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the your Account Settings after purchase
•No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
•Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when you purchase an in-app subscription or if you decide to migrate to an authorized subscription from in-app.
- November 05, 2012 Initial release
- September 28, 2014 New version 3.3.1
- October 22, 2014 New version 3.3.2
- November 28, 2015 New version 4.4.2
- July 09, 2016 New version 4.8.4