See demo video at http://arithmos.us
Arithmos is a game that tests your agility at mental arithmetic calculations. The game consists of a series of levels that require solving. Each level proposes a number, and provides a board with numbers and mathematical operations. The game expects you to combine them to construct the proposed number. Once you do, you are taken to the next level.
Arithmos proposes three game modes, "Time Attack", "Survival", and "Complete".
"Time Attack" mode gives you 10 seconds to clear a level. If you do, you will be taken to the next level. if you don't, you lost. The fastest you solve a level, the more points you get. Also, using fewer operations leads to higher scores.
"Survival" mode gives you 60 seconds to complete as many levels as you can. Every time you complete a level you are given a few extra seconds.
"Complete" mode gets rid of the time pressure, but you are constrained to one single board, which mean you progressively have less numbers are your disposal to clear levels. Strategy becomes more important to achieve higher scores.
The game also offers a "Training" mode, where you can practice solving levels while seeing the result of the current operation as you type it.
Arithmos is GameCenter compatible, and works on iPhone / iPod Touch and iPad.
- November 02, 2012 Initial release
- November 09, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- November 14, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- April 11, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- April 28, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- May 01, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- May 07, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- May 23, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- August 08, 2016 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!