AmpKit 2.0 is loaded with new gear and new features that give you the most powerful and versatile amp studio available. Seven new amps and four new pedals round out a huge gear expansion in AmpKit Mac 2.0. Setlists deliver masterful control over your setups for playing live shows, practicing, or simply organizing groups of setups just the way you want them. Use MIDI interfaces to control AmpKit amps and pedals, as well as navigate setups and Setlists—perfect for live gigs but also great for practice. Best of all, all of these updates are available free of charge in the Mac App Store.
Set It Up: Setlists
Use the new Setlist feature to group your setups and presets into perfect order for live shows or intensive practice. Create multiple Setlists for any occasion or set, and easily transition between setups and Setlists with the touch of a button on the keyboard—or by using the new MIDI controller support. More About Setlists.
Pile It On: New Gear
This AmpKit update adds a broad range of classic amps and effects for both guitar and bass players. Powerful models based on Ampeg, Lab Series, Mesa and Marshall are all included, and deliver tremendous tone flexibility along with full gear parity and setup sharing with AmpKit 2.0 on iOS. New gear includes:
• Colonel Jump
• Colonel Plexi
• Taos .50 cal
• Taos C+
• Talon Blues 5
• Voltage VT Classic
• Voltage VT Reissue
• Thrasher PRE
• ToneMime GT
MIDI MIDI MIDI
Take hold of AmpKit in a brand new way using your external MIDI controllers. It's now quite simple to map an external MIDI control, such as a stomp switch or expression pedal, to any of over 350 AmpKit functions. More About MIDI.
► NEW! MIDI control mapping, Setlists, and our most powerful amps yet! ◀
• AppStorm: "AmpKit: The Best App for Guitarists Comes to Mac"
• Mac App Store Editors' Choice
• Macgasm App of the Week
"It's great to see one of my favorite amp modeling apps for iOS come to the Mac. At this price, and with its ease of use and tone, AmpKit Mac is sure to be a hit among guitar players." Jim Dalrymple, LoopInsight.com
"It's everything I liked about the iPhone and iPad versions, bigger and with all of the settings more easily accessible on one panel." Brett Terpstra, TUAW.com
AmpKit transforms your Mac into a powerful guitar amp & effects studio! AmpKit includes 22 faithfully-reproduced amps with 38 separate amp channels, 28 pedals, 28 cabinets and 8 mics. Effects include various overdrive, distortion, fuzz, compression and phaser pedals, plus clean boost, delay, reverb, acoustic simulation, wah, EQ, octaver, tremolo, vibrato, chorus, and flanger. Add up 30 pedals per setup for near-infinite tone possibilities. 137 presets to inspire you: from smooth cleans and earthy acoustics to bone-crushing high-gain metal.
• All AmpKit gear is accurately modeled after highly-sought-after, real-world guitar gear
• Thunderously accurate high gain amps & effects
• Enhanced high-fidelity simulation to deliver the ultimate in realistic tone on both clean & high-gain setups
• Intuitive and easy-to-use, with authentic visuals and full Retina display support on the new MacBook Pros
• Outstanding 64-bit performance on any Mac running OS X Lion and Mountain Lion, including MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, for ultra-portable operation
• Takes advantage of great OS X features such as Multi-Touch gestures, Full-Screen mode, sharing via email or AirDrop, and Quick Look
• Power users will love AmpKit's multiple UI panels and multi-display support
• Sophisticated recording capabilities with non-destructive re-amping
• World-class bass amplification with 3 feature-rich bass amps
• Jam along with any of AmpKit's 23 included backing tracks or add your own including iTunes music
• Built-in high-precision tuner and metronome
• Works with virtually any analog or digital guitar interface
Get more details at AmpKitMac.com
Follow AmpKit on Twitter: @AmpKit
Be an AmpKit fan on Facebook: Facebook.com/AmpKit
- July 26, 2014 Price increase: $24.99 -> $49.99
- July 23, 2014 Price decrease: $49.99 -> $24.99
- June 10, 2014 Initial release