* Fixed communications error on iOS 8.3
TapTapSee is designed to help the blind and visually impaired identify objects they encounter in their daily lives.
Simply double tap the screen to take a photo of anything, at any angle, and hear the app speak the identification back to you (Note: Spoken identification requires VoiceOver to be turned on).
TapTapSee helps the blind and visually impaired become more independent in their day-to-day activities.
TapTapSee has been a huge hit with users taking thousands of pictures per-day. It has garnered multiple podcasts, reviews, as well as positive feedback within the community.
● American Foundation for the Blind 2014 Access Award Recipient ●
● Named App of the Month by RNIB in March, 2013 ●
● Inductee of AppleVis iOS Hall of Fame ●
● "The biggest plus for the app is that it was designed specifically with blind and partially sighted people in mind." - RNIB
● "The application simply works – whether you have taken a picture of a shirt, a plate, or a chair." - Disabled-World.com
● "You see, TapTapSee is like a sighted assistant that never grow tired of you asking 'what’s that?'" - CultofMac.com
● "This is beyond cool. It’s TapTapSee. It’s an app that allows visually impaired persons to snap quick photos to identify objects around them." - iSmashPhone.com
● "The app is truly amazing because of its accuracy and detail it is able to provide in a short time." - Bdmtech.blogspot.com
● "I love this app. I use it constantly to help organize my pantry and fridge! Its great!" - @KLove2008
● "Love this app, would have had soup on toast instead of beans if not for TapTapSee!" - @Disdatndot
● "I took a picture of my guide dog and it actually said the type of dog. German Shepherd dog lol. cool." - @IAmMarissaC
● "I've constantly been amazed how fast and accurate the app is at recognizing just about everything!" - @Csm120
* Rotor reader
* Flash toggle
* Auto-focus notification
* Identify images from your Camera Roll
* Repeat last image identification
* Share identification via text, email, or social media
* Barcode reader
* iPhones: 3G and up
* iPod Touch
Follow on Twitter @TapTapSee or LIKE on Facebook.com/TapTapSeeApp
- April 16, 2015 New version 3.0.2
- October 25, 2014 New version 3.0.1
- October 21, 2014 New version 3.0.0
- July 28, 2014 New version 2.1.8
- June 13, 2014 Initial release