What's New* Fixed issue where picture credits (for pay-as-you-go plans) would sometimes be deducted even when a picture fails to be returned.
App DescriptionTapTapSee is designed to help the blind and visually impaired identify objects they encounter in their daily lives.
Simply double tap the screen to take a photo of anything and hear the app speak the identification back to you. (Note: Spoken identification requires VoiceOver to be turned on)
TapTapSee is a free app that helps the blind and visually impaired become more independent in their day-to-day activities.
TapTapSee has been a huge hit with users taking thousands of pictures per-day. It has garnered multiple podcasts, reviews, as well as positive feedback within the community.
In March 2013, TapTapSee was named App of the Month by the Royal National Institute of the Blind. In August 2013, it was inducted into the AppleVis iOS App Hall of Fame.
* Identify any object around
* Ability to identify US paper currency
* Automatic flash
* Auto-focus sound
● "The biggest plus for the app is that it was designed specifically with blind and partially sighted people in mind." - RNIB
● "The application simply works – whether you have taken a picture of a shirt, a plate, or a chair." - Disabled-World.com
● "You see, TapTapSee is like a sighted assistant that never grow tired of you asking 'what’s that?'" - CultofMac.com
● "This is beyond cool. It’s TapTapSee. It’s an app that allows visually impaired persons to snap quick photos to identify objects around them." - iSmashPhone.com
● "The app is truly amazing because of its accuracy and detail it is able to provide in a short time." - Bdmtech.blogspot.com
● "I love this app. I use it constantly to help organize my pantry and fridge! Its great!" - @KLove2008
● "Love this app, would have had soup on toast instead of beans if not for TapTapSee!" - @Disdatndot
● "I took a picture of my guide dog and it actually said the type of dog. German Shepherd dog lol. cool." - @IAmMarissaC
● "I've constantly been amazed how fast and accurate the app is at recognizing just about everything!" - @Csm120
TapTapSee offers a 20 images trial for new user. After the 20 images are processed a message pops up with directions to subscribing to the image recognition service.
* iPhones: 3G and up
* iPod Touch
January 29, 2014 New version 2.1.5
November 15, 2013 New version 2.1.2
October 29, 2013 New version 2.1.1
October 19, 2013 New version 2.1.0
September 26, 2013 New version 2.0.3
September 17, 2013 New version 2.0.2
October 11, 2012 Initial Release