• General bug fixes
• Stability and performance improvements
**IMPORTANT FOR IPHONE 4 USERS: DO NOT UPDATE YET**. WE’RE AWARE OF AN ISSUE CAUSING THE APP TO CRASH FOR SOME USERS. WE’RE WORKING ON A FIX THAT SHOULD BE LIVE SOON. PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE YET.
Be ready for wildfire with Wildfire by the American Red Cross. Get the latest state-by-state Wildfire news, prepare your family, home and pets, let loved ones know that you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an area that is susceptible to wildfires or has loved ones that do.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after wildfires, even if no data connectivity.
• Wildfire News section with state-by-state links to all fire-fighting agencies’ Twitter feeds and websites ensuring the most recent developments on current wildfires.
• Click-to-call access to your state’s 511 network for the latest traffic information in case of evacuation
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your wildfire knowledge with interactive quizzes.
- October 15, 2014 New version 2.0.4
- August 06, 2014 New version 2.0.3
- June 18, 2014 New version 2.0.2
- June 13, 2014 Initial release