148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: CLINGING FUN :: Read Our Full Review >>
The unusual mechanics set Cling! apart from other puzzle-platformers
What's NewThanks to everyone who gave feedback on our launch! We've made the following changes based on your opinions, ideas, and comments:
- Fixed a bug that caused all levels to be locked after beating the final level.
- You can now do a FULL level reset by holding down the pause menu reset button for 3 seconds. A countdown will appear on screen letting you know how long you have left.
- Auto-rotate has been implemented.
- Cling! will no longer shut off any audio you had playing prior to the app starting.
- There is now an option on the iPhone to turn off the "Shake to change controls" feature. It will additionally turn itself off the first time (and only the first time) if it looks like you are accidentally changing controls too often in a level. After that, you'll be free to turn it back on from the Options menu.
- A graphics bug in the iPad options menu was fixed.
App Description"I think that this is, quite possibly, one of the most unique mobile device games I've played." - PopCults.com
"This game is a wonderfully complete touchscreen gem. " - 148apps.com
"The game is an absolute joy to play and it reminds me of why I fell in love with App Store platform games in the first place." - DenOfGeek.com
HOLD ON TIGHT!
Cling! is an exciting and action-packed first-of-its-kind "pegformer", sure to enhance all the senses... well, except for taste and smell. Unless you enjoy licking your iDevice after dipping it in perfume... but hey, we're not here to judge.
The story of Cling! takes place inside of a child's vending machine and stars Edgar, a tiny sticky octopus toy who has just received the rare honor of having an owner! Unfortunately, his capsule breaks on the way out, and is now trapped! In order to escape, Edgar must avoid certain death at the hands of popular video game hazards such as spikes, falls, and the always dreaded electricity!
The pegformer genre is a new take on platforming that uses a unique wall-crawling style of movement. Edgar travels through the machine by clinging to floating pegs, where the player's finger acts as a focal point for Edgar to travel. So when the player lets go, Edgar does too!
April 02, 2013 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
March 23, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
March 22, 2013 New version 1.01
March 16, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
March 07, 2013 Initial Release