What's NewWhat’s new in version 1.2
* Text is supported! Add text to your design, and choose from different fonts and sizes.
* Sketching is much more powerful, with the ability to make patterns out of your sketches, as well as other minor enhancements which will become a big time saver.
* New Material Editor provides support for adding a color overlay, giving you more flexibility when creating materials.
* Drag and drop from Part Bins. A big time saver! Now you can place your parts wherever you want in the canvas, instead of getting them at the origin.
* New Open, Save and Start sequence components provide a more complete experience when accessing or saving content.
* Retina display support for graphic canvas and majority of UI assets.
* Improvements to the Measure command, adding support for calculating volume and total area of a solid.
* Hide Bodies to easily toggle display of solids, enabling a faster access to existing sketches.
* Attribute Manager will allow you to edit smart primitives and access some basic functionality.
* Material and color interoperability. Any model saved in 123D Design will keep materials when opened in the 123D Design web app. When opened in 123D Design on iPad, it will keep any color applied to the surface.
App DescriptionDesign the things you imagine, and then make them real!
With Autodesk 123D Design you can use natural design and editing tools to create a 3D model. Then 3D print your model, or send it directly to our fabrication service to be made for you.
How it works
* Get started quickly with one of the basic shapes, in just a few clicks you can already be cruising along with your design.
* Professional CAD skills are not required. Using the creation and editing tools is straightforward and natural, so you can focus on what you’re designing, not how to design it.
* 123D Design automatically creates the most natural connection between parts. When moved, objects will align and snap to connection points like the corners and the center of faces. That’s not what you want? Don’t worry; you can define your own specifics.
* Save your designs to your desktop, or save them to My Projects where you can access them from the 123D Design web and desktop apps.
* Ready to 3D print? Converting your model from digital to physical is just a few clicks away.
More cool stuff
* If you design easier on a flat piece of paper, start with a sketch and then make it 3D when you’re ready.
* Preview what your project would look like when it’s made by adding realistic materials like plastic, ceramic, wood, and metal.
* Check out projects from other 123D Design users, right in the app. Get inspired by what others have done, or use their shared projects in your own design.
• Apple® Mac OS® X, version 10.7 or later with 64-bit Intel processor
• Apple® Mac® Pro 4.1 or later; MacBook® Pro 5.1 or later (MacBook Pro 6.1 or later recommended); iMac® 8.1 or later (iMac 11.1 or later recommended)
• 3 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
• 2.5 GB free disk space for download and installation (3 GB recommended)
• 1280x800 display with true color (1600x1200 with true color recommended)
• All Mac OS X supported operating system languages
April 24, 2013 New version 1.2
January 11, 2013 New version 1.1
October 29, 2012 Initial Release