Added support for iOS 8.
Fixed a possible crash when the app starts.
Added an age-check to protect access to the web and the App Store.
• Winner of a MOM'S CHOICE Gold Award
• Winner of a PARENTS’ CHOICE Silver Honor Award
• Winner of the Editor's Choice Award from Children's Technology Review
• An interactive animated storybook by the creator of the award-winning Living Books
• A “spooky” tale of how imagination can make things seem scarier than they are
"This is one of the best designed interactive children's books I've ever seen"
- Mac Observer
"Harry and the Haunted House is a twelve page interactive storybook that blends a well-told story written by Mark Schlichting with thoughtful animation by developer Wanderful. The app offers Read to Me or Let Me Play modes. The former is especially delightful. Animations play automatically, which encourages children to listen up, watch, and take a break from tapping their screen. The story's words are highlighted as expressive voice actors read them so that early readers can follow along.
Though in a sense a ghost story, Harry and the Haunted House will inspire more giggles than scares. After Harry hits his baseball a little too far, he and his friends decide to look for it in the abandoned house where it lands. Children will enjoy seeing how Harry and his friends' imaginations create spooky situations. They see ghosts that turn out to be their own reflection, for example, and hear strange noises that are actually Harry's dog playing with the found ball. In the end, children learn that scary things (like old houses, dark closets, or the space under a bed) are not so terrible once one learns more about them."
- Parents' Choice ©2013 Parents' Choice
Have you ever wished you could play inside a story and really interact with all the characters and words? Now you can! Harry and the Haunted House is an imaginative, interactive and slightly spooky reading experience with fully animated content loved by children, parents and teachers alike.
Wanderful brings every page of this Mark Schlichting story to life. Read and play along with Harry and his friends as they retrieve their baseball lost in the “haunted” house across the field. “W-W-What’s that noise?” “We froze in our steps…”
• Story is in both English and Spanish - change language from any page
• 12 fully animated pages
• French story content unlocks with upgrade
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when tapped
• All words are “active” for extended word play and language learning
• Animated surprises on each page – can you find all the performing bugs?
• Move between pages with swipe or with scrolling page navigation
• Multiple settings to customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Two modes: “Read to Me” and the fully interactive “Let Me Play”
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 31 page overview of Wanderful interactive storybooks Classroom Activities and a free preview of the Harry and the Haunted House Classroom Activities guide
• The full 58 page Classroom Activities guide is available as an upgrade
Wanderful’s goal is to bring outstanding interactive storybooks to a new generation of children. We hope Harry and the Haunted House provides your family, children and students with hours of delightful story play.
Harry and the Haunted House is written by Mark Schlichting, creator of the Living Books series.
Wanderful creates engaging interactive storybooks for children that are educational, fun, and above all safe and appropriate. Our apps:
• do not collect any information
• do not contain ads
• do contain in-app purchases
• do not have active links to websites or social networks
• do use analytics to improve our app experience but only in aggregate and never with personally identifiable data
- October 03, 2012 Initial release
- October 19, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- October 21, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- October 31, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- November 01, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- November 20, 2012 New version 1.1
- November 25, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- November 26, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- December 21, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- December 29, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- May 17, 2013 New version 1.2
- November 12, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- November 13, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $4.99
- November 30, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- December 01, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- October 25, 2014 New version 1.3