Explore 11 iconic National Wildlife Refuges of the Chesapeake Bay and share your wildlife encounters from each location. Connect with a community of outdoor enthusiasts, help document species, and promote conservation, all with your iPhone!
A hundred years in the making, the National Wildlife Refuge System is a network of habitats that benefits wildlife, provides unparalleled outdoor experiences for all Americans, and protects a healthy environment. Learn about featured refuges in the Chesapeake Bay, help catalog species found across the region, and earn some awesome patches along the way, with National Wildlife Refuges: Chesapeake Bay.
Powered by Project Noah. Brought to you by National Geographic and the Chesapeake Conservancy.
With support from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
• Overview of the Chesapeake Bay watershed, the largest estuary in the United States.
• Details including location, operating hours, and guides for 11 featured National Wildlife Refuges.
• View all the plants and animals observed at each refuge with our digital field guide.
• Create a profile and connect with other refuge visitors, nature explorers, and scientists.
• Submit wildlife observations, help document species, and earn some awesome patches!
- June 13, 2014 Initial release