148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: GAMIFYING WALKING :: Read Our Full Review >>
Striiv is a pedometer app that adds challenges and gaming elements to the process of walking regularly.
What's NewUpdates to MyLand - new daily prizes and coin bonus options, ability to share your island on Facebook, more in app purchase options
Easier to find friends with new search by name feature
Removed daily limit on Challenges
Integration with RunKeeper
Improved Step Count - We've signifcantly improved the step count accuracy for all the steps you take in the background.
Misc bug fixes
App DescriptionEvery step with Striiv counts as a donation to charity at no cost to you. We've partnered with GlobalGiving, so when you walk to lunch or go shopping, sponsors are donating clean water to children in South America. Just carry your phone with you, and Striiv automatically tracks all your activity throughout the day.
"This is the best pedometer app on the iPhone, free or paid, and I've tried them all"
"Even after losing 45lbs, this keeps me motivated even when I'm busy!"
"Absolutely love this app. Just what I needed to get back on track!"
"Love the Donations, super simple to use. Love love love it!"
By making fitness addictively fun, Striiv has helped hundreds of thousands of people:
Lose weight, lower BMI, and lose the inches.
Reduce risks of heart disease, diabetes, and stroke.
Activity based games, Social Fitness, GPS Tagged Trophies and Weight Tracking
- See which of your friends' top scores you are about to beat and compete with friends all over the world. You can invite friends to compete via Facebook, email, and SMS.
- Build up a virtual island with the activity points you earn.
- Hit personalized challenges to exceed your goals. It’s like having a personal trainer in your pocket!
- Unlock trophies throughout your day, and see them tagged on a map with the GPS location where you collected them.
- Achieve real world accomplishments like burning the calories in a cupcake, walking the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Track your steps, activity minutes, distance, calories, and how many friends you are competing against with week and month snapshots of your data.
- Track stairs by connecting over Bluetooth Low Energy to the Striiv Play
We’ve partnered with MyFitnessPal, the calorie counter and diet tracker with the largest food database, so you can track your nutrition as well as your activity.
If you have any questions or comments, please send us your feedback in the app. We love hearing from you!
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
April 30, 2013 New version 1.3.54
March 28, 2013 New version 1.3.48
March 15, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
March 13, 2013 New version 1.3.47
February 13, 2013 New version 1.2.41
January 25, 2013 New version 1.2.40
November 30, -0001 Initial Release