You can now access over 150 years of language experience at your fingertips with the new Oxford Student’s Thesaurus app.
Oxford School Dictionaries and Thesauruses are trusted, accessible and up-to-date. All content is backed by a unique database of many million words and based on real language students use. All our dictionaries give:
* Relevant, age-appropriate language
* Support for language development and writing skills
* Example sentences and real context showing how words are used in practice
The Oxford Student’s Thesaurus is suitable for students aged 14+, and is the ideal language reference tool for secondary school and home. With fast and easy word look-up of over 140,000 words, definitions, example sentences, synonyms word origins and language notes, this thesaurus app supports secondary school students and inspires them to become confident writers.
A dictionary application from Mobile Systems with licensed content from Oxford University Press.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The Oxford Student’s Thesarurus app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favourites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words from the extensive library, which includes comprehensive coverage of curriculum vocabulary
* Your last visited words are all saved in your ‘History’, so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover more about language through the word origins, guidance on spelling, grammar and punctuation and the ‘Word of the day’ feature
* Fun and engaging word games like ‘Hangman’, ‘Word scramble’ and ‘Anagrams’ give the opportunity to use newly learnt words
- June 15, 2014 Initial release