Name change: Base Ten Fun is now Base Ten BINGO
Practice games: Based on teacher feedback put a "check" button in place to total the sum of the blocks. This prevents random attempts at solving questions.
Practice games: In settings you can now opt to clear blocks between questions.
Pen: We added a pen function so that students can organize and show work.
BINGO Bugs: You can now feed treats to the bugs! Tap the screen twice to feed a BINGO Bug.
Misc bug fixes.
Practice place value while playing BINGO!
Base Ten BINGO uses base ten blocks as virtual manipulatives to help children learn place value, number sense, counting, addition and subtraction. The app is appropriate for children in elementary school grades Kindergarten and up.
Base Ten Fun includes three practice modes and a fun BINGO game. The practice modes and the BINGO game are highly customizable to meed the needs of a variety of learners.
Practice Modes Overview
Practice modes present players with target numbers which they must represent by arranging manipulatives or entering digits. For perceptual variability the practice mode displays the numbers students have created using two different representations: a dynamic number line and labeled place value boxes. When a player gets ten correct they can select a new color set of base ten blocks!
Three Practice Modes Overview
1. Look and Make: Numbers are presented visually as digits and and players must represent them by arranging manipulatives.
2. Listen and Make: Numbers are presented by voice and players must represent them by arranging manipulatives.
3. Count and Write: Numbers are presented as manipulatives and players must represent them by entering digits.
Base Ten Fun BINGO
Base Ten Fun BINGO is highly customizable to meet the needs of a variety of players. The game challenges players to count manipulatives and tap the corresponding number in a BINGO grid. The goal is to get BINGO as quickly as possible without making mistakes. Players can collect BINGO Bugs by earning high scores.
Overview of Features:
-30 player profiles
-Create custom characters
-My BINGO Bugs
The settings menu can be accessed by clicking the information button on the lower right hand side the introduction screen. The settings menu will allow you to reset all high scores and to delete player profiles.
Base Ten Fun:
- Does not contain third-party ads.
- Does not contain in-app purchases.
- Does not contain integration with social networks.
- Does not use analytics/data collection tools.
- Does include links to apps by ABCya.com in the iTunes App Store.
- October 25, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- October 09, 2013 New version 1.2
- August 10, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- October 30, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- October 29, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- October 23, 2012 New version 1.1
- October 12, 2012 Initial release