This update accommodates new modes available on HERO4 cameras with the upcoming camera software update. Here are some of the highlights that the upcoming camera software provides.
HERO4 Black and HERO4 Silver
* Time lapse video mode - Capture Time Lapse videos automatically—no post-production needed. Showcase a sunrise, road trip or family gathering as a short, sharable video.
* 30/6 burst photo - Introducing a new way to never miss a moment. Capture 30 photos in 6 seconds—perfect for longer duration fast-action activities like surfing and snowboarding.
* Auto rotate - Automatically adjusts capture orientation to right-side up when the camera is mounted upside down.
* 720p240 fps video - Record ultra high frame rate video at a staggering 240 frames per second for liquid smooth slow-motion playback
* 2.7K60 fps video - Capture cinematic, high-resolution 2.7K footage at an impressive 60 frames per second
* Add HiLight Tags during playback - Now you can mark key moments both while recording video and playing back content on the built-in touch display to quickly find highlights for easy editing and sharing.
* Updated for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Control. View. Share.
The GoPro App gives you instant access to the GoPro Channel, and makes it easy to control your camera remotely with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Get full remote control of all camera functions. Mark key moments while recording with HiLight Tag.* Preview shots and play back content, then share your favorite photos and videos via email, text, Facebook, Twitter and more.**
• Watch the GoPro Channel and get your fix of the best GoPro videos from across the globe
• Get full remote control of all camera functions
• See what your camera sees with live preview for easy shot-framing
• Mark key moments while recording with HiLight Tag*
• View HiLight Tags in your GoPro Camera Roll for easy playback of your video highlights*
• Play back your videos** and view your photos
• Copy photos and videos** to your device, then share via email, text, Facebook, Twitter or other app
• Browse and delete files on the camera’s microSD card
• View the GoPro Photo of the Day
• Wirelessly update your camera software***
• Wirelessly update your camera Wi-Fi network name and password
• HERO3 (requires camera software update, see gopro.com/update)
• HD HERO2 with Wi-Fi BacPac™ (requires camera software update, see gopro.com/update)
Questions? Contact GoPro Customer Support at gopro.com/contact. For a directory of Customer Support phone numbers by country, visit gopro.com/support/telephone-numbers.
* Compatible with HERO4 cameras only. HiLight Tags are not viewable on iPad.
** Compatible with videos captured in select modes only.
*** Compatible with HERO4 and HERO3+ cameras only.
- February 04, 2015 New version 2.6.3
- November 20, 2014 New version 2.6.2
- October 14, 2014 New version 2.6.1
- October 02, 2014 New version 2.6
- August 01, 2014 New version 2.5
- June 06, 2014 New version 2.4
- March 05, 2014 New version 2.3
- October 09, 2013 New version 2.2
- July 31, 2013 New version 2.0
- December 14, 2012 New version 1.1.13
- October 25, 2012 New version 1.0.47
- October 09, 2012 Initial release