What's NewBug fix and Optimizations
App DescriptionA tale of an unlikely and enduring friendship that weathers any storm.
Beloved childrenâ€™s author & illustrator Don Freemanâ€™s heart-warming tale is guaranteed to warm your heart!
When friends Turtle and Dove are separated, will they ever find each other again?
A beautiful white dove, blown out to sea by a storm, finds safety on the back of a sea turtle. The two become friends, until the stormâ€™s winds pick up again and they are separated. The dove safely lands on an island, where she eventually finds a mate, and has children â€“ all while wondering what happened to her dear friend Turtle. The two families are eventually re-united when Turtle â€“ now with a family of his own -- arrives to the very same island. Both families end up the best of friends, with the doveâ€™s family being treated to a â€śmoonlight cruiseâ€ť in the lagoon on the turtlesâ€™ backs.
Adding to the gentle, uplifiting story are Mr. Freemanâ€™s serene illustrations in soft blues and grays.
The happy ending and the gentle illustrations make this a perfect bedtime story!
â–¶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
-Friendship, perseverance, hope, moving on in the face of loss, faith in a positive outcome
â–¶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
- â€śHow do you think the dove felt when she first found the turtle? How do you think the turtle felt? Why?â€ť
-â€śHow do you think the dove felt when she was separated from the turtle in the storm? When they were reunited?â€ť
-â€śWe all have times when we face set-backs and feel like giving up. What do you think this book is trying to teach us about those times?â€ť
â–¶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
â–¶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in â€śRead Myselfâ€ť mode (almost like â€śtraining wheelsâ€ť for new readers)
â–¶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
The lite version contains the first six pages of the original app with all the functionalities. The user also gets an overview of rest of the pages in thumbnail format.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: email@example.com
Like us: Facebook.com/appsbyauryn
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps and pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
January 18, 2013 New version 1.0.2
December 21, 2012 New version 1.0.1
October 12, 2012 Initial Release