What's NewBug fix and Optimizations
App DescriptionA tale of an unlikely and enduring friendship that weathers any storm.
Beloved childrenâ€™s author & illustrator Don Freemanâ€™s heart-warming tale is guaranteed to warm your heart!
When friends Turtle and Dove are separated, will they ever find each other again?
A beautiful white dove, blown out to sea by a storm, finds safety on the back of a sea turtle. The two become friends, until the stormâ€™s winds pick up again and they are separated. The dove safely lands on an island, where she eventually finds a mate, and has children â€“ all while wondering what happened to her dear friend Turtle. The two families are eventually re-united when Turtle â€“ now with a family of his own -- arrives to the very same island. Both families end up the best of friends, with the doveâ€™s family being treated to a â€śmoonlight cruiseâ€ť in the lagoon on the turtlesâ€™ backs.
Adding to the gentle, uplifiting story are Mr. Freemanâ€™s serene illustrations in soft blues and grays.
The happy ending and the gentle illustrations make this a *perfect* bedtime story!
â–¶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
-Friendship, perseverance, hope, moving on in the face of loss, faith in a positive outcome
â–¶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
- â€śHow do you think the dove felt when she first found the turtle? How do you think the turtle felt? Why?â€ť
-â€śHow do you think the dove felt when she was separated from the turtle in the storm? When they were reunited?â€ť
-â€śWe all have times when we face set-backs and feel like giving up. What do you think this book is trying to teach us about those times?â€ť
â–¶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
â–¶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in â€śRead Myselfâ€ť mode (almost like â€śtraining wheelsâ€ť for new readers)
â–¶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us: Facebook.com/appsbyauryn
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps and pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
February 15, 2013 Price Decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
January 17, 2013 New version 1.0.2
December 31, 2012 Price Decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
December 21, 2012 Price Decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
October 09, 2012 Initial Release