heart tones lullabies from around the world
After the birth of his son in July 2009, musician and composer Philipp von Rothkirch began gathering around 30 musical friends from all over the world, the major part of which live in Berlin, to record a CD with international nursing rhymes.
The 13 acoustically recorded songs from all continents are for the most part new compositions, while the rest are new interpretations of traditional nursing rhymes.
Musicians involved in the project range from talented amateurs to renowned professionals from all genres in the spectrum from Jazz to World, from Rhythm & Blues to Pop music.
It was during a stroll in Berlin’s district of Kreuzberg that Rothkirch stumbled upon the “hotmilk studio” (www.hotmilkstudio.de) of Canadian producer Robert Cummings. His daughter was born a day before Rothkirch’s son. And thus began the work on Heart Tones – and the kids took on the role of critical test audience.
- 13 beautiful arranged lullabies from around the world
- cool tape style on iPhone iPod touch
- digital booklet with lyrics to read or print is included
- if you are a natural singing talent just switch on instrumental and show everybody what a great voice you have. If you should ever forget the lyrics, no problem: all lyrics can be printed (for this function you'll need the iPhone 3GS+ or the iPod touch 3+ with AirPrint) or sent as pdf or email.
- play single songs or the whole tape repeatedly, if desired
- timer stops after 5, 10 or 20 minutes of playing
- remote with bluetooth, airplay, radio or iPodDock
- January 18, 2013 New version 1.1
- December 05, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- November 06, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- September 15, 2012 Initial release