• Fix for saved locations clearing issue
• Performance and stability improvements
• Fixes bug where radius would show as 0 in the app and would not let user configure it. If you have been experiencing this issue please pull to refresh on your list of monitored locations and try again.
**One of "9 Apps to Fast-Track Your New Year's Resolutions" - Mashable**
**“Those who live their life on the fault lines should pick this app up immediately.” – Appolicious**
**“The number one app to download to help you survive an earthquake.” – IT World**
**A “MUST-HAVE” app that “…basically turns your mobile device into an all-in-one post-quake tool, info center, and instruction guide.” – TremblingEarth**
Be ready for earthquakes & tsunamis with Earthquake by American Red Cross. Get notifications and alerts when earthquakes or a tsunami occurs, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an earthquake-prone area or has loved ones who do.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
•Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after earthquakes or tsunamis, even if no data or internet connectivity.
•Get notifications and alerts when a quake occurs and tsunami warnings in your area or those of loved-ones with push alerts from the USGS, including magnitude & Shake Zone maps when available telling you if it was just a tremor or greater.
•Let family and friends know you are okay after a quake or tsunami with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
•Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
•Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
•Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
•Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
•Earn badges that you can share via Facebook and Twitter with your friends and show off your earthquake knowledge with interactive quizzes.
•See an illustrated history of earthquakes in your area and maps with recent quakes throughout the world
•Know what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
- September 26, 2012 Initial release
- October 16, 2012 New version 1.1
- December 19, 2012 New version 1.2
- May 28, 2014 New version 2.0
- June 26, 2014 New version 2.0.1
- August 07, 2014 New version 2.0.2
- October 13, 2014 New version 2.0.3
- January 02, 2016 New version 3.1
- February 04, 2016 New version 3.2
- July 05, 2016 New version 3.2.1