• Updated look and feel
• Bug fixes and performance tweaks
From the ancient to contemporary, Asian Art Newspaper offers you a snapshot of
what’s happening in the world of Asian and Islamic art around the globe. Each month there’s our news section, an interview with a prominent or emerging artist, special features, as well reviews of major exhibitions, auctions, art and antiques fairs and events. We also include the performing arts, film and books to link the past with the future. There is also a comprehensive listings every month.
Each month has a focus, as well as our regular pages and features: January is Japanese art, February has our Asian Art West Coast Guide USA, March is our Asia Week New York guide, April is South Asian and Himalayan arts, May sees a focus on the Arts of China, June is our summer edition with a roundup of events and exhibitions over the summer months. No issues July or August. September focuses on what’s happening in the autumn around the world, as well as a more detailed look at Asia Week in New York and events in Paris. October houses our Asian Art in London guide, November is the issue devoted to contemporary art in all its forms, and finally, December is our books issue.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is available. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive back to September 2011. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view (iPad only).
• Search the current issue or (paid-only) the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
- September 09, 2012 Initial release
- February 24, 2013 New version 6.6
- May 27, 2013 New version 7.0