148Apps Review SummaryRead Our Full Review >>
Grandpa's Workshop is a fun educational app for young children including early math concepts.
What's NewUpdated more page: Our newest app, Grandma Loves Bugs, is now live on the App Store! Enjoy! :)
App DescriptionThis dancing Grandpa and his whacky tools are ready for fun projects in the workshop! Created by the makers of the wildly popular "Grandma's Garden", Grandpa's Workshop includes seven action-packed mini-games loaded with educational content for kids ages 2-6. Plus, your kids will get to choose parts to build their own colorful clubhouse and watch educational videos of real tools in action!
FRONT PAGE EDUCATION FEATURE - App Store, Oct-Nov 2012
SEVEN ACTION-PACKED MINI-GAMES!
1. Spot the Difference. One of those tricky tools is sillier than usual... can you spot the one that is different?
2. Board Fractions. Let's cut the board into halves, thirds, or quarters and count how many pieces we have!
3. Measuring. Zippy the tape measure is stretched out so that you can measure the board! How long is it?
4. Select the Tool. Grandpa needs a screwdriver to finish this project. Can you hand it to him?
5. Number Groups. We'll need 4 springs to finish up this project... which jar has 4 springs?
6. Puzzle Fix-Up. Oh no! Grandma's plate is broken! Let's piece it back together.
7. Paint the Project. Grandpa just built this stool... what color will you paint it?
"Given the subject matter, the educational and replay value with LOTS of fun added in, I would HIGHLY recommend this app!" - APPreciation
- Number groups (quantities, numeral recognition): 1-12
- Colors: orange, purple, brown, red, green, yellow, blue, pink, black, gray
- Measuring: measure items in units 1-12
- Vocabulary: pliers, hammer, c-clamp, tape measure, broom, saw, screwdriver, wrench, level, oil can, dustpan, bucket, paint brush, bolt, nut, spring, tack, nail, screw, washer, ruler, jigsaw, safety glasses, chisel, gloves, trowel, drill, sawdust
- Fractions: halves, thirds, quarters
- Spacial relationships (puzzles)
- Observation skills (spot the difference)
"Delightful with seven mini-games… presented in a fun way that has your child playing along without realizing they are learning." - the iMums
Grandpa's Workshop was developed by an Educational Psychologist and parents for children ages 2 through 6.
Fairlady Media is committed to developing high-quality family-friendly games that provide excellent entertainment value. Please contact us if you have suggestions for improvement or to get technical issues resolved: email@example.com.
If you choose to allow your children to use your iPhone or iPod Touch, we recommend that you keep your device in a protective cover and supervise your children at all times. :)
Popular games by Fairlady Media, Inc:
Pocket Poet (create custom poems and send to your friends)
Spazzle, Spazzle II, and Spazzle Gold (critter-whacking fun!)
Bust A Marble (connect strings of colored marbles before time runs out)
Stinky Socks (hilarious laundry-sorting mayhem)
Puzzle Sleuth (find the missing puzzle piece in beautiful photos)
Take Wing (a butterfly-catching zen-gaming experience!)
Lexitect (word-building fun, better than Scrabble!)
Ghosts! (find and zap the ghosts before they invade your house!)
Grandma's Garden (a dancing Grandma and silly veggies teach preschool skills)
Grandma's Kitchen (fun and learning with Grandma and her wacky utensils)
Whizzit Counting (a super-fun counting game for preschoolers)
Whizzit Words (word-building fun for kids 3-6)
Whizzit Candy Blast (kids blast the candies in lollipop land)
Whizzit Number Doors for iPad (toddlers open numbered doors to find surprises)
November 01, 2013 New version 1.7
October 28, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
October 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
September 26, 2013 New version 1.6
October 25, 2012 Initial Release