What's New- Voiceover support for the To Do tab.
- Fixed a bug that would crash when selecting text, if the "Speak Selection" system preference is turned on.
- Fixed a stack bug that could cause a crash after a "quit" command.
App Description*Shade* is interactive fiction ‚ÄĒ a classic text adventure. No graphics! No point-and-click! You type your commands, and read what happens next.
*Shade* is a snack-sized experiment in surrealism and psychological fear. It begins as a classic ‚Äúroom escape‚ÄĚ scenario; but that‚Äôs not how it ends.
Play *Shade* if you‚Äôre in the mood for a short trip into an uncertain, shifting environment that might just be a nightmare.
- Fluid interface designed for comfortable typing and reading.
- Achievements tracked through Game Center. Each reveals a new snippet of Death Valley Om installation art, specially written for this iOS release.
- Pop-up palette of commonly used commands.
- Includes a handy ‚Äúto do‚ÄĚ display tab (so you don‚Äôt have to type ‚ÄúREAD LIST‚ÄĚ over and over).
- Full support for VoiceOver (speech output) and dictation (speech input) on devices that offer these features.
‚ÄúSuffice it to say that it‚Äôs extremely well crafted and very, very creepy‚ÄĒthis is ‚Äėmess with your head‚Äô IF par excellence.‚ÄĚ ‚ÄĒ Baf's Guide to Interactive Fiction
‚ÄúIt threatens one‚Äôs ideas of the relationship between the player and the protagonist. It has entered the canon, as far as interactive fiction has one.‚ÄĚ ‚ÄĒ Emily Short at PlayThisThing
*Shade* won the XYZZY Award for Best Setting of 2000. A browser-playable version is also available (for free) on my web site.
February 24, 2013 New version 1.0.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release