- Added the ability to share Vocab Builder word list files and the ability to save them to DropBox.
- Added the ability to import Vocab Builder word list files from other app such as Mail and to import from DropBox.
LAMP Words For Life™ is a full English vocabulary augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) language app that combines the power of the PRC Unity® language system with Language Acquisition through Motor Planning (LAMP™) principles and strategies. LAMP™ is a therapeutic approach based on neurological and motor learning principles as well as clinical experiences that address the language development and communication needs of children with autism. It provides a consistent motor pattern for words and a systematic way to develop communication skills allowing for unlimited language growth opportunities. More than 20,000 parents, caregivers, teachers, and clinicians have been trained on LAMP™ worldwide and significant gains in communication ability have been witnessed and documented.
The app combines 50 years of PRC experience with the Language Acquisition through Motor Planning approach. It is appropriate for anyone from beginning communicators who are just learning that they can affect those around them to skilled communicators with advanced language skills. Language development in typically developing children occurs through the combination of a consistent motor pattern, the sound that motor pattern produces, and the reaction they get from the environment. LAMP™ presents vocabulary in the same manner so those language connections can be developed.
LAMP Words For Life™ app is symbol based for those who are not yet literate; however, those symbols are paired with text to support literacy development. The vocabulary, structure, and teaching approach are based on research and years of implementation with individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
* High quality Ivona text-to-speech voices
* Three developmentally progressive vocabulary files
* Pre-stored core and fringe words
* Vocabulary Builder: Allows chosen words to be visible while the remaining vocabulary is hidden
* Word Finder: Helps the user find where words are stored
* Ability to store customized vocabulary and edit individual buttons
* 7-days free iShare access
* Capability to migrate vocabulary sets from PRC devices
* Data Logging with ability to automatically sync with Realize Language™ for analysis
Three vocabulary levels within the app support language development from any skill level:
An introductory level features 83 core words that are only one touch away. Core words are those words that are most frequently used in speech and can be used in a variety of settings and activities.
A transition level requires a second button to be pressed before hearing those initial 83 core words paired with additional vocabulary. This level allows for the learning of extended motor patterns without the visual distractions of the full vocabulary file.
The full vocabulary file gives the device user access to verb conjugations and word endings such as + s, + er, and + est. It includes 3,000+ words and allows for the customization of personalized vocabulary such as names, favorite foods, and favorite places.
Prentke Romich Company (PRC) is a member of a consortium of companies that are pioneers in the field of assistive technology and augmentative communication. The group includes Prentke Romich Company (USA), Saltillo Corporation (USA), Words + (USA), Liberator Ltd. (UK), Prentke Romich Deutchland (Germany) and Liberator Pty Ltd. (Australia). These companies bring a broad range of products and services to provide the most comprehensive line of AAC solutions in the industry. The employee owners of this consortium, many of whom have been with their organizations for more than 20 years, have dedicated their careers to assisting individuals with disabilities through the use of technology.
Visit aacapps.com for more information on the app and for more information and training on the LAMP™ approach visit www.aacandautism.com.
- June 13, 2014 Initial release
- July 25, 2014 Price increase: $199.99 -> $299.99
- August 01, 2014 New version 1.1.2
- January 08, 2015 New version 1.1.3
- March 01, 2015 New version 1.1.4
- March 28, 2015 New version 1.1.5
- April 02, 2015 Price decrease: $299.99 -> $149.99
- April 03, 2015 Price increase: $149.99 -> $299.99
- April 03, 2015 Price decrease: $299.99 -> $149.99
- April 04, 2015 Price increase: $149.99 -> $299.99
- August 27, 2015 New version 1.2.0
- September 14, 2015 New version 1.2.1
- October 23, 2015 New version 1.2.2
- November 15, 2015 New version 1.2.3
- February 27, 2016 New version 1.3.0
- April 01, 2016 New version 1.3.1
- April 01, 2016 Price decrease: $299.99 -> $149.99
- July 01, 2016 New version 1.3.3
- July 01, 2016 Price increase: $149.99 -> $299.99
- July 17, 2016 Price decrease: $299.99 -> $149.99
- July 18, 2016 Price increase: $149.99 -> $299.99
- August 20, 2016 New version 1.4.0
- November 06, 2016 New version 1.4.4
- December 03, 2016 New version 1.4.5
- December 20, 2016 Price decrease: $299.99 -> $149.99
- December 30, 2016 Price increase: $149.99 -> $299.99
- January 03, 2017 New version 1.5.0
- April 02, 2017 New version 1.5.3
- April 02, 2017 Price decrease: $299.99 -> $149.99
- April 04, 2017 Price increase: $149.99 -> $299.99
- May 12, 2017 New version 1.5.4
- May 14, 2017 Price decrease: $299.99 -> $149.99
- May 15, 2017 Price increase: $149.99 -> $299.99
- January 13, 2018 New version 1.7.0
- April 02, 2018 New version 1.7.2
- April 02, 2018 Price decrease: $299.99 -> $149.99
- April 05, 2018 New version 1.7.3
- April 06, 2018 Price increase: $149.99 -> $299.99
- April 06, 2018 Price decrease: $299.99 -> $149.99
- April 06, 2018 Price increase: $149.99 -> $299.99